Main Menu

Twitter

Started by LPChip, February 08, 2011, 11:42:06

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Since yesterday, I have myself a twitter account, @LPChip.

I will use this to give updates if the website/forum is down for a longer time than anticipated. Of course, I will also come to IRC in such cases where possible, but the biggest difference is, that I can check twitter on my cellphone, where I cannot do such for IRC.

If you see that the forum/website is down and the downtime seems longer than an hour, feel free to twitter me and send a notification.

Whenever I make an announcement regarding this forum, website, irc, etc, I will put #modplug in the tweet.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Here is a irc-client made for java mobile if you want to check the irc from your phone.

http://jmirc.sourceforge.net/

My impression of twitter is that is good but it is a mess if you follow to many persons, or have one or two person who post 50 comments per day.

Tweet it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcVODEjToVE
^^

LPChip

True, but you can filter tweets by #..... so that way you can be notified of those things you're looking for.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Hmm, yeah... that would be a good idea. Any idea on how to maintain such thing? Is it possible to create such tweet account and link it to one or more twitter accounts? Or do we have to create a new one and make the login available to the staff?

Rakib

Actually I don't always know what I want to read so filtering out isn't a option. So currently I'm following 40, and if I want to follow someone new, I get rid of one old.

@Jojo Twitter, homepage and readme is done. All is left for you to speak at important conferences, or have you done that already?
^^

psishock

Quote from: Jojo
http://thechangelog.com/post/3032074343/top-ten-reasons-why-i-wont-use-your-open-source-project
=> maybe @OpenMPT would be a nice idea? :P
omg, OMPT don't have a dedicated twitter account?!?

Screw that, i'll stop using this unprofessional peace of software right away.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Quote from: psishock on February 08, 2011, 13:17:50
Quote from: Jojo
http://thechangelog.com/post/3032074343/top-ten-reasons-why-i-wont-use-your-open-source-project
=> maybe @OpenMPT would be a nice idea? :P
omg, OMPT don't have a dedicated twitter account?!?

Screw that, i'll stop using this unprofessional peace of software right away.

What!? You actually used OpenMPT in the first place? :nuts:

Rakib

Hmm  how about professional open source alternatives like identi.ca? :p
^^

psishock

Quote from: LPChip
What!? You actually used OpenMPT in the first place? :nuts:
Even i almost ended up teaming with Jojo for a cooperation compo tune.
Unfortunately for him, i've got paired with another renoise guy, thus becoming one of his mortal enemies. :P
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Quote from: LPChip on February 08, 2011, 13:04:54
Is it possible to create such tweet account and link it to one or more twitter accounts?
You could realize that as a list, but that's not quite the same (and I don't see a point in doing so). Having a completely separate account, f.e. for version announcements and such would be more viable.[/quote]

Quote@Jojo Twitter, homepage and readme is done. All is left for you to speak at important conferences, or have you done that already?
Welllllll, readme is one of the points that still have to be improved. Speaking at conferences? When's the next TrackCon (R) (TM)? :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Quote from: Jojo on February 08, 2011, 18:01:54
Quote@Jojo Twitter, homepage and readme is done. All is left for you to speak at important conferences, or have you done that already?
Welllllll, readme is one of the points that still have to be improved. Speaking at conferences? When's the next TrackCon (R) (TM)? :P
With Jack or rewire, I think you almost could do a talk at namm or other highlevel places. Many people would love to work with trackers on some part of their songs and other parts, a sequencer would be best. So modplug has the potential.
^^

LPChip

Yay! We now have our own Twitter account called @OpenMPT, with many great thanks to Jojo!

This does mean that I will stop sending Twitters through my normal twitter account.

We will use #OpenMPT in our messages. Not just when stuff doesn't work, but also regarding developer news.

Jojo, if you can add anything I missed, feel free to do so. :)