Lend Me Your Ears - Mysterious tune evolving...

Started by yrk, March 19, 2006, 21:58:56

Previous topic - Next topic

yrk

Following Squirrel Havoc's excellent initiative, I figured I'd try as well...

I have no idea where this tune is headed, so let's hear your ideas and opinions...

Link -> http://www.yrk.dk/temp/mystisk.ogg
while (1) { fork(); }

fisk0

Sounds great to me.
Except for being a bit short I don't see anything bad in this at all.

Squirrel Havoc

xylophone, that's a rarely used instrument. I like the atmosphere, it reminds me of a song playing in a movie, either while ventruing down a corridor of an alien ship, or capt kirk watching an alien bellydancer dance in front of him with that smarmy look on his face. It was almost surround-ish, like if I play it on my living room stereo, it would be all around me.

You know what would rock in this song? Female vocals. Doesn't have to be singing, just vocal samples, like whispering. But I know how hard it is to find stuff like that.

I say definatly keep working on it, atleast add another minute to it, and then repost and see what people think.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Randilyn

[deleted]

yrk

Quote from: "Siloh"This sounds really good.  I don't have any specific comments about it, except for the fact that it's far too short.

Well yeah, that was kinda my point... It needs to go somewhere - all it is is basically an intro... I think... :-)

Quote from: "Siloh"Although, I have this unexplainable urge to violate it with my guitars.

LOL... Hmm... Guitars... Could work I guess... Worth experiencing with...
while (1) { fork(); }

yrk

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"xylophone, that's a rarely used instrument.

Actually there is no xylophone... :-) There are some bells and stuff but I think you might be referring to the ring modulated drumtrack... It's the first time I've actually found a ring modulator useful for anything...

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean it does kinda sound like a xylophone on some setups even though it isn't really... :-)

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"I like the atmosphere, it reminds me of a song playing in a movie, either  while ventruing down a corridor of an alien ship, or capt kirk watching an alien bellydancer dance in front of him with that smarmy look on his face.

LOL... If this ends up intrsumental I think I'll call it The Alien Bellydancer... I like that...

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"It was almost surround-ish, like if I play it on my living room stereo, it would be all around me.

Yeah, there's a lot of panning going on... :-)

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"You know what would rock in this song? Female vocals. Doesn't have to be singing, just vocal samples, like whispering. But I know how hard it is  to find stuff like that.  

I like that idea... Maybe I'll try to write some lyrics for it... Also I'm thinking sort of irish-highland-enya-like vocals might work well...

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"I say definatly keep working on it, atleast add another minute to it, and then repost and see what people think.

I will...

Thanks for the comments everybody!
while (1) { fork(); }