Should I keep going with this song?

Yes, it shows potential
5 (83.3%)
No, start a new fresh one
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 16, 2006, 19:22:43

shableep

hey man. i'd really just like to suggest getting some more powerful samples. getting more powerful samples wont only make it sound more pleasant to the ear, but it'll help inspire you. when it comes to electronica styled songs, it's really important for the drums and bass to be powerful and driving. i think our love of those kinda drums has gotta be in our blood from tribal times. when we'd make really huge drums and just love bashing the hell out've em. can't say i was alive back then, but ey.

in the end, it's not up to other people weather you should start new or not. only you know what kind of musical message you're trying to give in the end. i don't wanna be the guy that misinterprets your song and says "you should start over" because in the end i'll never really know.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "shableep"i think our love of those kinda drums has gotta be in our blood from tribal times. when we'd make really huge drums and just love bashing the hell out've em. can't say i was alive back then, but ey.

You just described a Shamanic experience, which making music is in a way. I'm part of a drum circle on Wednsdays, and we get together and play African and Asian drums like madmen.

I like your message, "Screw what other people think, do what you want". But a large part of me wants to be accepted. I guess it goes back to jr high days when no one liked me :( Now I try to please people in all aspects of my life. But my music isn't usually well liked, and yet I keep on going. I guess I am getting better with that, because I like it, and that's really what matters. Well me and my mom, but she doesn't count  :lol:
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.