[Trance] Escaping the Orbit (mptm/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, January 01, 2011, 00:14:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

This trance track was the first thing I composed when I brought my synth back home (I previously had it at my studies place, where it was rather useless). It ranked 3rd in the streamed music compo at the Ultimate Meeting 2010.

Download
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Tony

Hey There Jojo! Brilliant song. Thats one of my favs now! Learned a quite a few things off it already, cheers mate! ;D

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening

Nice intro. The main melody at the start is rather plain and could use some stereo space effects, perhaps with some timbral morphing. This is definitely old-skool EDM (early 90s!) but there are some modern techniques splashed about. And of course, Jojo's unique signature is present in evry transition. The last 15 seconds makes for a great segue into more EDM, should a DJ choose to.

It is kinda catchy and definitely worth keeping in your background.... ;)

Saga Musix

Quote from: Harbinger on January 10, 2011, 20:52:29
Nice intro. The main melody at the start is rather plain and could use some stereo space effects, perhaps with some timbral morphing.
Some parts were intended to sound dry, however in retrospect it's probably a bit too dry...

Anyway, thanks for listening!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

you have an amazing track record of being in at least the top 3 of compos.