Replace all - One undo point?

Started by Saga Musix, December 03, 2010, 22:43:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

While playing around with the pattern Find/Replace code, it came to my mind that "Replace All" should probably just create one undo point. At the moment, it creates one individual undo point for each pattern cell. Do you think this is appropriate, or should "Replace All" create just one (logical) undo point, so that all changes can be undone with one key press?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

^^

psishock

basic logic Jojo, don't even have to ask us.
If you delete a whole column of notes with 1 command/key, and realized in the meanwhile that something is messed up, you need to restore every row one-by-one with the undo command?

everything that the chosen command does (no matter how complex or multifunctional the process is) have to be restored with the first undo. You messed us something with 1 wrong key, you want it back in the same, easy way.

I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Really Weird Person

Making a single undo point does make sense. I suppose that a way to get around this is to use more than sixty-four rows. I personally do not prefer to do this, however. I do this while making an arrangement, but reduce the row quantity back down to sixty-four.

LPChip

I would actually expect that since I used one command to remove all, it would take one command to restore all as well.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs