.41 Temporary test build bug report thread

Started by rewbs, October 18, 2005, 22:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

It can. But if you're hooked on that other plug I suggest you contact the plugin author and ask him how to reset the loop. If this is a host dependant functionality ask him to add it as a plugin param.

Edit: OK I played with cold cutter a bit and it resets the loop when you change the loops length. You need to nudge the loop length param just as your sample starts. Imagine cold cutter is applied to this channel:

|........SF0      Here cold cutter
|...........      is sampling
|...........      silence
|........Z01
|C-501...Z00      Here you
|...........      nudge the
|...........       loop length param
|...........      and cold cutter starts
|...........      recording again
|...........      (SF0 is mapped to param 87 - loop length)
|........C00

I should mention this is also explained in the plugin's instructions: http://www.brightonart.co.uk/coldcutter.shtml
RTFM and all that shite :P

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

asking rewbs is better than rtfm in most cases ;D

thx, sweetheart
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Diamond

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"buffer override doesn't cut samples in tiny pieces and plays them at random order ;)

Other VSTs to try which might do something similar.
------------------------------------------------------------
Traks
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1905.html
Sample Stutterer
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1877.html
Pseudograins
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1610.html

Sam_Zen

I'm aware of the fact, that this is a minor problem, compared to plugin-compatibilities, but anyway. (running 2K)
Normally, GUI-settings of MPT are saved with closing. Because I, so far, never used the 'tree view', because I prefer to have maximum screen while working, I had to disable that after starting.
But this default came back most of the time, so everytime I first had to disable this view again.
I tested this somewhat further (this problem is valid with both RC2 and the beta) :
- As long as I opened, disabled the view, closed, opened again, the view was correct without the tree at the left.
- As soon as, after opening, disabling the view and closing, I opened another app, close the app again, and open MPT again, the treeview comes back as default.

LPChip

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I'm aware of the fact, that this is a minor problem, compared to plugin-compatibilities, but anyway. (running 2K)
Normally, GUI-settings of MPT are saved with closing. Because I, so far, never used the 'tree view', because I prefer to have maximum screen while working, I had to disable that after starting.
But this default came back most of the time, so everytime I first had to disable this view again.
I tested this somewhat further (this problem is valid with both RC2 and the beta) :
- As long as I opened, disabled the view, closed, opened again, the view was correct without the tree at the left.
- As soon as, after opening, disabling the view and closing, I opened another app, close the app again, and open MPT again, the treeview comes back as default.

This bug has been discussed in the following topic:

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?msg=3339.0#msg3339

This link provides the cause and the solution to this problem.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Ok, this is either a bug in Winamp, or in MPT, and I upgraded winamp and changed some settings, then this happened, but it's also the first time I used them both at the same time, so I am reporting it anyway.

I was working in the latest MPT beta, double clicking on XI instruments in the tree view, and I unpaused winamp and then I clicked another. Then winamp changed the sound output for itself, all you hear is the stereo imaging (stuff that only comes out of one speaker, or both but with a delay between them). All the mono stuff was gone. It was quite cool actually, but now I can't get it to stop. I haven't tried rebooting yet, I think I will just deal with it. But I am using the waveOut output in winamp, and the ASIO in MPT. Does MPT use the set output for sample previews, or does it always use waveOut?

Anyway, it's no big deal, just though I would report it. Since I can't get winamp to sound right, it would be impossible to recreate the problem
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Ok, this is either a bug in Winamp, or in MPT, and I upgraded winamp and changed some settings, then this happened, but it's also the first time I used them both at the same time, so I am reporting it anyway.

I was working in the latest MPT beta, double clicking on XI instruments in the tree view, and I unpaused winamp and then I clicked another. Then winamp changed the sound output for itself, all you hear is the stereo imaging (stuff that only comes out of one speaker, or both but with a delay between them). All the mono stuff was gone. It was quite cool actually, but now I can't get it to stop. I haven't tried rebooting yet, I think I will just deal with it. But I am using the waveOut output in winamp, and the ASIO in MPT. Does MPT use the set output for sample previews, or does it always use waveOut?

Anyway, it's no big deal, just though I would report it. Since I can't get winamp to sound right, it would be impossible to recreate the problem

This sounds like a Winamp bug. Its weird though that this happens because these are 2 different devices. Perhaps it has something to do with switching between audio modes (like 44.1khz with 48khz, or switching from a mono to stereo, etc...)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

GOD im a freakin MORON!!!!!!!!!! My problem was the computer speaker cable came a little loose  :oops:  ::)  :?  :cry:  :lol:

I plugged it back in, everything works peachy. Sorry about that...
-

rewbs

New update with some fixes, no more registry accesses (except to read the settings the first time), and lots of good work from Relabsoluness. :)
See top of thread.

Diamond

Version 1.17.02.40

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but the toolbar and "Recent File List" settings are being saved in a second INI file located in the windows directory.  Is there a reason why this information isn't just stored in the INI file that's in MPT's base folder with all the other settings?

rewbs

Diamond, thank you for spotting that. I'll see if I can figure out how to tell window to use a specific ini file for those too.

Squirrel Havoc

First of all, sorry for reporting bugs ins seperate threads, I missed the message in the first post

I think I might have discovered a bug, but you would think it would be reported by  now if it was a bug. The channel VU meters don't get re-enabled when I shutdown OMPT and restart it, no matter how many times I push the button. This is a recent bug, I believe it showed up in either the latest of the 2nd to the latest beta.
-

rewbs

One of the new feature in this build is that settings were move from registry to ini, and I could have missed some, so it's a likely new bug.

Squirrel Havoc

Another similar bug, it doesn't save the mod window position (like restored or maximized), so thats another one.
-

Relabsoluness

I have the same with the vu-meters and the window size, and another one I've noticed is that when loading a file, it gets added to recent items, but if closing and reopening the program, the item has been disappeared. But when doing this for the second time, it seems to remain there :)
All of these appeared in .40