.41 Temporary test build bug report thread

Started by rewbs, October 18, 2005, 22:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

Quote from: "Laci"I tested it a bit, seems its plug specific, occurs with Absynth 3 (v3.0.2.011), and i google-ed up some info, (NI support forums), its a bug in the plug, its not related to MPT, sorry for this.  :)

Excellent, I had noticed dropped notes with Absynth 3 too, and was a bit concerned. Thanks for the research! Any indication that this will be fixed in an upcoming version of Absynth?

Laci

This is a mysterious bug, it seems that only some people experienced it (both on PC and MAC, using FL studio, Cubase SX, etc.), and until the devs at NI can reproduce it, there will be no fix. Also There is no workaround. This problem might be system related, but no one traced it yet.

shableep

"The plugin Kontakt2 threw an exception in processReplacing. It has automatically been set to "Bypass"."

this is the error i get when try to use the VSTi in anyway. it loads up, and i can apply it to an instrument. but, the second i try to play a note it throws up this message and the plugin continues to do nothing.

any ideas?

Laci

Add and use the "Kontakt2_16out.dll" or "Kontakt2_8out.dll" instead.

Laci

I have a VST plugin: Image-Line Sytrus DXi VSTi v2.0
It's settings are not saved by MPT. After saving and reopening all settings are reset to default.
The demo version can be downloaded at www.sytrus.com (aprox. 2megs)

LPChip

Quote from: "Laci"I have a VST plugin: Image-Line Sytrus DXi VSTi v2.0
It's settings are not saved by MPT. After saving and reopening all settings are reset to default.
The demo version can be downloaded at www.sytrus.com (aprox. 2megs)

Maybe a dumb question, but can it be that the plugin resets itself? as somekind of demo-feature? Cus preset saving is something the plugin must support. Sometimes in a demo version of a plugin, you can't save the preset.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Laci

Nope, i have the right "tools" for demo versions  :wink:
and i tested it in cubase sx3 and it worked well there.

shableep

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

recognized problems with "coldcutter1_beta2"

works fine when playing a pattern first that starts with this effect,
but doesn't work when you play some patterns without it before

:cry:

VU-meter shows something, but it's not audible
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

rewbs

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"recognized problems with "coldcutter1_beta2"
works fine when playing a pattern first that starts with this effect,
but doesn't work when you play some patterns without it before

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this plugin samples the stream for a fixed duration, then plays back random chunks of what it has just sampled. If you feed it silence, it will chop up and play back silence. This is not a bug.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

aaaah, so i got to assign it to the instrument, not to the channel... sure.... i'm so stupid  :D

edit: still doesn't work  :cry:

btw: effect can not be stopped by cut or setting volume 00

rewbs

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"aaaah, so i got to assign it to the instrument, not to the channel... sure.... i'm so stupid  :D

edit: still doesn't work  :cry:
No of course not...  it's an effect plugin. Again, the plugin records the FIRST piece of sound you feed it and uses that as a loop. There's probably a way to get it to reset the loop. I suggest you read any docs associated with the plug.

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"btw: effect can not be stopped by cut or setting volume 00
Those commands affect samples & VSTi, not effect plugins that don't receive midi commands. If you want the plugin to shut up, use the dry/wet ratio.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

but if it's associated to a certain instrument only, it doesn't get any input till i play the instrument, or am i missing the spot?

rewbs

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"but if it's associated to a certain instrument only, it doesn't get any input till i play the instrument, or am i missing the spot?
Ah ok I see what you mean.. no unfortunately MPT isn't clever enough to invoke effects "on demand", they are always processing their input buffer, even if it's empty. This is very useful is many cases. The VST api does provide a tail function to detect whether the plug needs to process or not, but it's a bitch to implement into MPT.. have been meaning to do it for a while.

But I don't think that would help with this plug anyway. I glanced over the plug's homepage and it sais it was designed for use with Live, which I believe provides a button to suspend the plugin, thus resetting its loop. I don't think it will work as you intend with MPT. Have you tried dfx scrubber? Similar plug, might work better with MPT.

Edit: Sorry I meant dfx buffer override (http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/).

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

buffer override doesn't cut samples in tiny pieces and plays them at random order ;)