.41 Temporary test build bug report thread

Started by rewbs, October 18, 2005, 22:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

found a bug with 1.17RC2.....

VST issue

Xlutop chainer VST/VSTi do not work any more.  I get a message saying 'at least one of the plugins was not valid' or whatever.  It worked fine on RC1.

Actually, I just rebuilt my machine with a new mainboard, SATA HD and Athlon 64+ 3500.  On this new machine I just installed the 'newest' version of MPT and now Xlutop fails.  Strange.

Maybe I should be using the build optimised for P4/Athlon64???

I'll try the athlon 64 build -- i'll keep you guys posted if I get the same problem.

rewbs

Hi,

I use Xlutop Chainer very regularly - it works fine on RC2 over here.
Chainer comes with 3 dlls and only 2 of them are valid VST plugins (Chainer.dll isn't, Chainer VST.dll and Chainer VSTi.dll are). Make sure you're trying to load the right ones. Let us know what happens.

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"Hi,

I use Xlutop Chainer very regularly - it works fine on RC2 over here.
Chainer comes with 3 dlls and only 2 of them are valid VST plugins (Chainer.dll isn't, Chainer VST.dll and Chainer VSTi.dll are). Make sure you're trying to load the right ones. Let us know what happens.

Rewbs, he is saying that it doesn't work anymore, which indicates that it worked before. So I think something else is happening here. I have experience with this software so I can't assist on this matter. Is there anything else you can think of why this wouldn't be working, and things to try to make it work again?

For instance, can you delete the dll's from your harddrive, and download and extract again, also remove from MPT and re-add them?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Well he rebuilt his machine, so if it's a new hard drive and installation, then maybe he just selected the wrong DLL
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Leitmotif

I just realised I wasn't logged in before -- hence "guest".

Quote from: "rewbs"I use Xlutop Chainer very regularly

... as do I......... for EVERYTHING.  Which is why it more than a tad irritating that OMPT is not recognising it anymore....

Quoteit works fine on RC2 over here.

Really?  Hm....  maybe I do need the athlon 64 build, eh?  I'll get that on there in the next half-hour or so and see if the issue is still there.

QuoteChainer comes with 3 dlls and only 2 of them are valid....

*nods* I am aware.

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Well he rebuilt his machine, so if it's a new hard drive and installation, then maybe he just selected the wrong DLL

No, I was definitely sober at the time -- picked the right DLL.  Oh, and while it is a new HD and rebuild, I tx'd most general data (inc VSTs, samples/ITIs, mods, documents, etc, etc, totalling over 40GB), but I've done this before and don't remember Xlutop actually NEEDING to be reinstalled.  Not like Amplitube, which bases registration on variables of the system.  Kinda daft considering it's still as easy to crack as anything else.  (remember the thread topic -- I don't want to start a lengthy discussion on cracking etc here).

Well, thanks... at least I know it's not actually a bug with OMPT-RC2, as Rewbs said.  So it's something with my machine (worst-case-scenario) or the fact I'm using the generic build of OMPT.  Time for the proper Athlon64 build of OMPT, then.....

EDITTED TO ADD -------------

I just installed the Athlon64/P4 build.  Not only does OMPT 'start' faster (the main window appears, like 8ms after the splash logo!! -- may disable the splash, infact), but Xlutop works fine now!  Yes, XLUTOP WORKS FINE NOW!  :)  So, there ya go -- be sure to use the right build for your machine.  Why OH WHY does that even MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO VSTs!!!!?!?!?   :x

Cool.  Thanks.
Memories are meant to fade, Lenny; they're designed that way for a reason...

.      --- Angela Bassett [Mace, Strange Days, 1996]

rewbs

Leitmotif, you're right it shouldn't make any difference, and I can load Xlutop Chainer with the generic build with no problems. Not sure what's going on.

Anyway, build 1.17.02.39 is available with some enhancements from Relabsoluness: http://modplug.sourceforge.net/builds/#dev

Relabsoluness

Just noticed that when looping pattern that has pattern break command, and then unchecking the 'loop pattern' checkbox, playing may jump instantly to some other pattern - surely something it should not do  :? . Also when using the loop pattern checkbox, the playing may continue from beginning after last pattern even if loop song was off.

Anonymous

Quote from: "rewbs"Leitmotif, you're right it shouldn't make any difference, and I can load Xlutop Chainer with the generic build with no problems. Not sure what's going on.

*pulls out his Kazoo and buzzes the theme from 'The Twilight Zone'*

anboi

i got a weird bug today for the second time where the pitch of all vsts (but not samples) went down by itself... i have been totally unable to recreate it. saving, closing then reloading corrects it. it happened in a track with lots of VSTs in and it retuned all but the one i was tweaking but i'm not entirely sure. the pitch then sneaked down slowly for a bit. i also had the one i was tweaking soloed and noticed the retuning when i returned to listening to all. i am also absolutely 100% sure it changed the tunings of all the others before anyone says anything! it was at least 12 cents.
i also discovered the other day that the weird performance issues turned out to be my motherboard being broken and fucking up when accessing the IDE bus. at least i think that was it - my computer is now much faster so its hard to tell but if no-one else had trouble then i imagine its fine.

Laci

I also found a bug... sometimes mpt misses notes/events (lines, only one), they are not passed to VSTIs. This is not the "note drop" issue when rendering. Seems to occur randomly, usually misses a line in the playing channel, so for example: when it misses a note off command then the note keeps playing, i have to stop and restart playback. The bug is also present when rendering to disk. Occurs only for VSTIs.

Second, the Slow rendering option is very nice, works ok, but it's too much, i mean realtime "slowness" should be enough... the current is painfully slow. While On low-end systems it can be still handy, so i'm suggestin a dropdown menu for selecting rendering method -> normal (fast as possible), realtime (for Vst compatibilty), slow (for very low-end systems). I would be glad if the devs could implement this. Thanks.

PS. My English is still bad   :oops:

LPChip

Quote from: "Laci"I also found a bug... sometimes mpt misses notes/events (lines, only one), they are not passed to VSTIs. This is not the "note drop" issue when rendering. Seems to occur randomly, usually misses a line in the playing channel, so for example: when it misses a note off command then the note keeps playing, i have to stop and restart playback. The bug is also present when rendering to disk. Occurs only for VSTIs.

Second, the Slow rendering option is very nice, works ok, but it's too much, i mean realtime "slowness" should be enough... the current is painfully slow. While On low-end systems it can be still handy, so i'm suggestin a dropdown menu for selecting rendering method -> normal (fast as possible), realtime (for Vst compatibilty), slow (for very low-end systems). I would be glad if the devs could implement this. Thanks.

PS. My English is still bad   :oops:

Can you tell me what version of the tracker you use? Cus I've also found stuck notes, but they're fixed in the latest beta build.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Laci

I'm using the newest build (1.17.02.39)

LPChip

Quote from: "Laci"I'm using the newest build (1.17.02.39)

Can you tell me what plugin(s) is causing this, and preferabelly create a small song that shows this bug? (you don't need include the plugin, and if its a commercial plugin, you even may not :P)

Laci

I tested it a bit, seems its plug specific, occurs with Absynth 3 (v3.0.2.011), and i google-ed up some info, (NI support forums), its a bug in the plug, its not related to MPT, sorry for this.  :)

LPChip

Quote from: "Laci"I tested it a bit, seems its plug specific, occurs with Absynth 3 (v3.0.2.011), and i google-ed up some info, (NI support forums), its a bug in the plug, its not related to MPT, sorry for this.  :)

Thats okay. :) Thanks for letting us know though. :)