Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

HarD-TeX

but i have also the older OpenMPTRC2.exe

rewbs

Quote from: "HarD-TeX"but i have also the older OpenMPTRC2.exe
You can just put the new .exe in the same directory as your original .exe.

HarD-TeX

Relabsoluness

How can it be that at times 'modified'-star appears right after loading the module while nothing else have been done? I'm not quite sure what causes it, but it seems to be reproducable by

1. Creating new it module
2. Loading vst 'String theory 1.5'
3. Loading some presets in .fxp-file.
4. Saving and opening the file. The modified star appears right after loading.

Tested with rc2 and .37.

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"somehow values in the volume column seem to have some effect on the sound of "Pentagon I"
I'm not sure whether it is related to this, but recently several times the vst-settings of some vst's(e.g. string theory) without any apparent reason have 'gone wild', i.e. the settings have changed dramatically. This is not very nice since the right settings doesn't seem to return even when closing without saving and reopening after that occurs. I haven't been able to figure out how it can be reproduced - the occurance seems quite random.

rewbs

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"How can it be that at times 'modified'-star appears right after loading the module while nothing else have been done?
This is listed as a known issue in the RC2 release notes. It is to do with detecting whether a plugin parameter has changed. Some plugs set some of their own params on load or on playback and trigger the same mechanisms as when a user changes a param. So the song gets marked as modified.

Quotebut recently several times the vst-settings of some vst's(e.g. string theory) without any apparent reason have 'gone wild', i.e. the settings have changed dramatically.
Please keep me posted with any further details (this is not related to BSV's point about pentagon).

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "rewbs"This is listed as a known issue in the RC2 release notes.
Didn't even cross my mind to check that :oops: - hopefully I can remember to check it in the future in similar occasions.

Quote from: "rewbs"
Quotebut recently several times the vst-settings of some vst's(e.g. string theory) without any apparent reason have 'gone wild', i.e. the settings have changed dramatically.
Please keep me posted with any further details (this is not related to BSV's point about pentagon).
I hope I can find some logic behind that, for it surely has been an annoyance; several times I have had to copy the settings from backup files.

rewbs

v1.17.02.38 is up with a few bug fixes. Available immediately here: http://modplug.sourceforge.net/builds/#dev

minktos

so i finally got around to upgrade from 1.17RC1 to the latest release and...crap! you moved a menu option!

that little "solo" option there on the old version was a feature i really heavily relied on. now you have to go to the "channel #" bit at the top and click...and then it's the second option :(

any chance the features in the dropdown could be customizable or there could be an option to revert back to the old menus?

i hate to gripe but this really hurts my workflow :(

thanks for doing a great job, though!

rewbs

Hi,

Lots of people who work at lower resolutions complained about the context menu getting too big.
I added an option in the general settings to keep the old style context menu before 1.17RC2, I think. But it doesn't have the solo option. I'll perhaps put it back and see how many people complain. :)
Yes it's of course possible to make the context menu customisable, but really not something I personally want to spend time on - particularly since pretty much all actions can be carried out with 100% customisable keys.

On a side note:
1. 1.17RC1 is pretty old now.
2. How about using shortcut keys? You could speed up your workflow further.

minktos

Quote from: "rewbs"But it doesn't have the solo option. I'll perhaps put it back and see how many people complain. :)

thanks dude, it would be awesome if you could!

Quote1. 1.17RC1 is pretty old now.

i guess i'm a little slow on the updating heheheh.

Quote2. How about using shortcut keys? You could speed up your workflow further.

i dunno, i guess in certain ways i'm just kinda set in my ways. like, i'm still using XM because i know all the effects by heart all the way from the MOD days...

Cxx is volume, 4xx is vibrato, 3xx is portamento, etc

kinda sucks because i can't use any of IT features like NNA's but i've made my bed, now i'll sleep in it. ha!

thanks again for everything you're doing, rewbs (and everybody else) it's absolutely awesome.

merry christmas!

LPChip

Quote from: "rncekel"I think this is not new, but in the Edit menu, Cleanup, the Rearrange Samples doesn't work. Well, in fact it is worst, because it mess up the samples.

This has been fixed in .38 Can you verify that your problem exists in .38?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

BUG: Midi input places 2 notes instead of one

I've hooked up my midi keyboard to my MPT. When I select for example the Piano instrument, and I have follow, off, but am in the pattern editor, it places 2 notes after pressing down the key. If i quickly release it and press another, it puts 2 notes down again. If i release and don't press another == is being placed afterwards which is good, so the problem doesn't lay there.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "LPChip"BUG: Midi input places 2 notes instead of one

I've hooked up my midi keyboard to my MPT. When I select for example the Piano instrument, and I have follow, off, but am in the pattern editor, it places 2 notes after pressing down the key. If i quickly release it and press another, it puts 2 notes down again. If i release and don't press another == is being placed afterwards which is good, so the problem doesn't lay there.

Are you sure it has nothing to do with split keyboard or transpose settings? I can't reproduce this bug with my keyboard
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"
Quote from: "LPChip"BUG: Midi input places 2 notes instead of one

Are you sure it has nothing to do with split keyboard or transpose settings? I can't reproduce this bug with my keyboard

I dunno what caused this, but I might have a clue.

I closed down MPT, reopened it, and it was gone. I think it has something to do with auto-save. Am going to verify this first ofcource. If Auto-save saves my 17 mb song, MPT is halted for approx 1 sec. I have auto save set for 1 minute to make 1 backup of the song (for bug testing purpose) But If I'm playing at my keyboard, and auto-save kicks in, the sound is halted too and then after the save rapidly playes all notes. Am seeing if this has something to do with suddenly having 2 notes written during play.

EDIT: Dunno. Can't seem to get it either anymore. neither with autosave. If it happens I'll report it back. case closed for now.