.41 Temporary test build bug report thread

Started by rewbs, October 18, 2005, 22:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

Quote from: "rncekel"I think this is not new, but in the Edit menu, Cleanup, the Rearrange Samples doesn't work. Well, in fact it is worst, because it mess up the samples.

With all tracks?
If not, can you provide the simplest possible track which gets messed up on cleanup samples?

rncekel

Here you have a silly but very small example of what happens
http://www.oocities.com/rncekel/prueba1.it

Instrument 3 is really a triangle. But if you open the Edit menu->Cleanup-> Rearrange samples, instrument 2 will still point out to sample 3, that will now be empty.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

btw: this version threw some of my vsti out of the list
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Squirrel Havoc

Well, it's a new modplug, i got a new computer (same OS, Win2K Pro), and new everything. And just when I thought it was over, shutting down MPT caused a halt on my computer, and I had to reboot. I can't remember what kind of halt it was, but ive never seen it before.

Onlything really different this time is I upgraded to the newest WinAmp (which also crashes a lot more than it used to).

I know you can't reproduce this bug, so don't spend too much time thinking about it, just think about it whenever you mess with the shutdown code  8)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Well, it's a new modplug, i got a new computer (same OS, Win2K Pro), and new everything. And just when I thought it was over, shutting down MPT caused a halt on my computer, and I had to reboot. I can't remember what kind of halt it was, but ive never seen it before.

Onlything really different this time is I upgraded to the newest WinAmp (which also crashes a lot more than it used to).

I know you can't reproduce this bug, so don't spend too much time thinking about it, just think about it whenever you mess with the shutdown code  8)

This sounds more like an unstable windows install...

I've had after a fresh install that windows just didn't run well... For instance, it could crash if I tried to open IE. Only way to fix it was to reinstall windows.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"I know you can't reproduce this bug, so don't spend too much time thinking about it, just think about it whenever you mess with the shutdown code  8)

I haven't touched shutdown code in ages, but that doesn't mean there isn't an intermittent issue.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "rewbs"
Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"I know you can't reproduce this bug, so don't spend too much time thinking about it, just think about it whenever you mess with the shutdown code  8)

I haven't touched shutdown code in ages, but that doesn't mean there isn't an intermittent issue.

Sometimes I wonder if it's my computer, because other MIDI capable programs have done the same in the past (not as often though)
-

Matt Hartman

Hypersonic VSTi crash when selecting edit under vst effects menu .

message me if you *need* Hypersonic for uh...testing purposes.
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

rewbs

QuoteHypersonic VSTi crash when selecting edit under vst effects menu
You got a crash when trying to open the plugin GUI?
How consistent is this? So far I can't reproduce any crashes with Hypersonic v1.12.808. Nice plug by the way.

Matt Hartman

QuoteYou got a crash when trying to open the plugin GUI?
How consistent is this?

Precisely.
It's every time I try to load actually. MPT slaps up an unexpected error screen.

QuoteSo far I can't reproduce any crashes with Hypersonic v1.12.808.

This is frustrating so.  :x

QuoteNice plug by the way.

I wouldn't exactly know...  :(
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

anboi

i still have weird performance issues i mentioned in another thread but have not had time to track down which version number they start at, here are some other things i noticed lately:

Possible bugs:

using reorder/remove in the channel manager makes the wrong channels be muted/unmuted according to the markings but plays back correctly. fixed by going out f pattern view then back in.

something weird with the screen redraw in some instances when changing to pattern view from something. (possibly involves 2 tunes open and closing one while behind is the pattern view showing in the other tune). it basically leaves big blocks of grey where there should be buttons.

think there is a bug where trying to play a note lower than G#-0 results in... nothing! d'oh! tried with a few samples but nothing seemed to work, i might have done something stupid here again...

bug with setting of highlighting - seems to check the highlight values are valid or not against an old model that doesn't take into account new tempo modes so when set to bpm is highlighted then it objects. it complains about  primary highlight needing to be higher value than secondary or something along those lines. i think i was using modern bpm settings.

strange behaviour:

when typing in instrument allocations (which sample is mapped to which note in the instrument view) changing the pitch moves the cursor down (annoyingly) after entering it, but changing sample number does not. also logic of order is silly. pitch - pitch - sample no. should be pitch - sample -pitch so it can be read sensibly as 'when playing note X do so with sample Y at note Z'
again in this section clicking miles up on note part only moves it up one, instead of jumping to where clicked, seems strange.

can't type user wave names into imposcar cos modplug steals the keypresses. probably the case with other vstis with their own interfaces for stuff?

sorry for not having all the necessary info in some cases but i think most are relatively clear, i'll try and help as much as possible with any specifics you might need.

Squirrel Havoc

Here's one I bet no one could answer.

Has anyone got MPT working under Linux, with 2 soundcards? One integrated (which is the one MPT tries to use, but I dont use it), and one PCI that I want to use, but it doesnt register.

Now THAT's a tech support question!  :lol:
-

rewbs

Matt - Can I check exactly which version of MPT and Hypersonic you're using?

anboi - thanks for the notes, will take a look.

Squirrel - no idea, do other apps in Wine detect the card?

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "rewbs"Squirrel - no idea, do other apps in Wine detect the card?

Yeah it's weird, MPP works just fine. I was thinking it could be that Wine doesn't understand the instructions for a P4, so I switched to generic version. Same thing, hangs when i hit "play".

Anyone know the right place to ask this kind of question? I really dont want Rewbs thinking too hard about this :)
-

VSh

Can I report a bug here?

OpenMPT 1.17.02.28, Windows XP.

If Midi Library was imported from some SF2 file with stereo samples and some midi file was opened after that, samples aren't recognized as stereo (only mono) and midi sounds very bad.