Has anyone seen this error message before?

Started by Rakib, November 18, 2010, 01:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

The problem with this error is that is not reproduce able, after trying several time including turning off and on modplug several time it finally will open the file. So how come is this possible?

(If I can guess, it's because of the heuretic file opener?)
^^

Saga Musix

Hmm... I've seen this happenening with 30+ files open in OpenMPT, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Did you use multiple ways of opening the same file (DDE, Drag&Drop, etc...)? Is it reproducable with a single file?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Can the file has been in used or something? Like by a virus scanner?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

No, it has happened several times so it can't be because of virus scanner. I usually open trough modplug, no drag and drop.

The problem is that it isn't reproduce able, most of the times I load just fine and no problems. Only happened to mptm-file.
^^

Saga Musix

I can indeed only see this being a result of the file being open in an other application like a virus scanner. And since MPTM files are loaded the same way as IT files, it should happen with both types. I could also imagine it being related to plugins, but I have no exact idea how it could be related.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I have typically seen this when opening a large file, closing it, and then trying to open either that file again or another large file. This also occurs when attempting to open IMF files. To resolve this, I close Modplug Tracker and reopen it.

Saga Musix

Rakib: Has this error happened with previous versions (1.17 / 1.18) as well?

Quote from: Really Weird Person on November 18, 2010, 13:19:21
This also occurs when attempting to open IMF files.
As I have told you before, OpenMPT can not handle AdLib music files of any kind, only sample-based module formats and the "IMF" format OpenMPT supports (Imago Orpheus modules) is not the IMF format you are referring to. Of course OpenMPT can't files it doesn't have a loader for!

Rakib

No first time with 1.9.00.09 (build date 16 october), and big size like RWP have seen it (29MB).
^^

Saga Musix

Can you try a later build, and probably also test it again with 1.18.03.00? Currently I can't see a reason why this should just happen with 1.19.00.09.