Forum move

Started by Saga Musix, October 22, 2010, 23:13:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hello all,
as you might have noticed :), the forum has moved. Not only the URL changed, no, we are also using a new forum software - SMF replaced the old phpBB board. I hope that everything is working correctly, if you see anything strange (broken characters, etc.), please notify me ASAP. The default SMF theme will hopefully also be replaced by a more fitting skin - if anyone here is skilled with creating SMF skins, this would actually help a lot. :)
A new feature, inspired by our dear friend Sam Zen (RIP) is that you can now specify the Operating System you are using in your Profile (see under "Forum Profile"), which can be helpful with some bug reports, questions, etc.
Have fun! :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

well.... evatars are kinda squashed, but i have to check all the new features (whoa) and get used to them. Magnificent job so far, putting this all together, and even managing to transfer all the existing database! :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Quote from: psishock on October 23, 2010, 00:41:38
well.... evatars are kinda squashed, but i have to check all the new features (whoa) and get used to them. Magnificent job so far, putting this all together, and even managing to transfer all the existing database. :D
I personally thought 80x80 pixels are enough for avatars. If people really want it, it could be increased to 80x100 or 100x100.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Hmm some normal dimensions should be alright i guess, a lot of pictures are rectangle shaped, like mine example.

What was wrong with the old system? Non standard dimensions was accepted without a problem (if linked from third party source, and not stored on the server). I dont think people abused it on any extreme ways.

Saga Musix

Oh right, now I get it. Avatars from external servers are resized using JavaScript, which you apparently have disabled. You can re-upload your avatar to the forum, it will be resized properly (without JavaScript) then.

psishock

Im only doing damage xD, its getting smaller with reupload.

some bug report:
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in xxx on line 107
i have this message on random times, when i hit "reply".

Saga Musix

Quote from: psishock on October 23, 2010, 01:07:29
Im only doing damage xD, its getting smaller with reupload.
I've increased the max. avatar width to 100x120 now...

some bug report:
Yeah, I'm currently fiddling around with the code a bit, so some random hickups are possible.

psishock

QuoteI've increased the max. avatar width to 100x120 now...
thanks, 100x120 is enough for the camwhores like me.

QuoteYeah, I'm currently fiddling around with the code a bit, so some random hickups are possible.
that's ok.

psishock

Rakib

Welcome to the new forum!
Been waiting for this a long time.
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: Rakib on October 23, 2010, 11:23:39
Been waiting for this a long time.
You're not the only one... :-\

KrazyKatz

Ha.. We got rankings. Very cool :) I better keep under a 1000 posts to preserve my status  ;).

Way to go Jojo!
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Saga Musix

Now it's possible again to view the songs posted in the free downloads section on the member profiles again; this functionality requires JavaScript, though (I don't want to hack SMF for something like this). Also, there's a "recent topics" display on the main website now (down in the sidebar). I hope this will be useful.

jmkz

Yay! Nice! This looks really well, simple and fast, but I miss the old platform, a bit strange... :-\

LPChip

You're doing a great job Jojo! :)

The profile information on what songs you have posted is very nice! Even more nice is it, that the old link to my profile (for the old forum) redirects perfectly, so I don't even have to alter any links.

Of course when we get a real download system, we can replace this, or keep it as a reference, so we can transfer our songs. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs