Need help in style determination.

Started by vicktech, October 19, 2010, 21:10:21

Previous topic - Next topic

vicktech

KrazyKatz

I'd say it's Jungle Electronic using the Middle Eastern genre as a grounding.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Saga Musix

Jungle? Far from it. This is happy hardcore with stray random eastern samples.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

Heck... have it your way. Happy Hardcore it is. At least from what Wiki defines it as. The closest thing I could think of at that speed was Jungle until my discovery of Happy Hardcore. I think an eastern sample straying in is a bit of an oversimplification, but then again..
Sonic Brilliance Studios

psishock

This is 100% Happy Hardcore. No more, no less.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

KrazyKatz

Errr... having listened to some Happy Hardcore... Honestly, I'm more inclined to go the Jungle direction... but then I am probably using the Jungle genre incorrectly. Happy Hardcore has a distinct "Happy" element about it which this doesn't.

I think I'm just going to back out of this one.
Sonic Brilliance Studios

Saga Musix

Well, drop the "Happy" then. Jungle has a completely different kind of beat. This beat and vibes are 100% hardcore, like in this or this. or this :D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Well i've listened several happy hardcore tracks, they could included samples from various sources and genres, like house, pop, classical, techno, and so on.

The definition of the "Happy" part, in the nutshell is:
much more lighter and brighter than the regular hardcore, doesnt contain killer heavy sounds, so its much more acceptable to masses. In most cases it has high pitched sampled vocals, rather than the usual, very deep pitched and detuned "hardcore" ones.

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo"Well, drop the "Happy" then. Jungle has a completely different kind of beat. This beat and vibes are 100% hardcore, like in this or this.

yep, those are some clear examples of the good old cheezy happy hardcore sounds :)

Scot Brown is also a happy hardcore "god", everybody knows this from him, ant it clearly describes the genre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLqDcTnhWA

LPChip

I'm currently at work, so I cannot check the song.

If the rythm is 4/4 (every beat has a basedrum) and its pretty fast, with some mild variations on the off-beats, then its happy hardcore.

If the drums are quite irregular and can be described as a continuous drumfill, then its jungle. Anything in between probably is electronic or perhaps even Drum'n'Base?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Listening now...

This is a mix between hardcore and happy hardcore. It leans pretty much towards happy hardcore, but happy hardcore also has these happy melodies in it, which are not present here.

This definitely is not jungle.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

vicktech

Thank you for help, everyone.

I have another question:
Is there style named extreme?
Usually there's used halftone note shifts, from time to time, which pumps up nerves a little bit.

psishock

LPChip

There isn't.

The part "hard" already means that it is extreme.