Installing development environment and compilation problems.

Started by vicktech, October 15, 2010, 20:04:50

Previous topic - Next topic

vicktech

I installed
1) Windows SDK
2) DirectX SDK
3) NET Framework 4.0
4) Visual Studio 2008

But I dont understand what path is platform_SDK libs and include.

Here is my screenshot of include paths:

I got error: unable to find aeffectx.h and something about database updating.
(unable to update d:\mpt_dev\src\mptrack\debug\vc90.pdb)
(unable to open ...\Debug\ArrayUtils.sbr)
Error about aeffectx.h i had also in MS VS2010.
Where I am wrong?

Saga Musix

You need some additional include files that we can't put in the SVN repo anymore... http://sagagames.de/stuff/include.zip put these in the "include" folder.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Have anyone been able to compile in vs2010 successfully?
^^

Saga Musix

Quote from: Rakib on October 23, 2010, 12:47:56
I still have my VS2010 DVD lying here completely untouched. I don't know if it's a good idea to run it in parallel with VS2008, so I didn't install it yet.
But I guess there will be some changes to the SLN file needed to get it to work, as always.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

I get these error messages.

Error 3 error LNK1117: syntax error in option 'PDBPATH:none' SoundTouch
Error 5 error C2039: 'back_inserter' : is not a member of 'std' 175 1 mptrack
Error 6 error C2065: 'back_inserter' : undeclared identifier 175 1 mptrack
Error 7 error C2275: 'srlztn::String' : illegal use of this type as an expression 175 1 mptrack
Error 8 error C2668: 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset' : ambiguous call to overloaded function 242 1 mptrack
Error 9 error C2668: 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset' : ambiguous call to overloaded function 249 1 mptrack
Error 10 error C2668: 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset' : ambiguous call to overloaded function 256 1 mptrack
Error 11 error C2668: 'std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset' : ambiguous call to overloaded function 264 1 mptrack
Error 24 error MSB4006: There is a circular dependency in the target dependency graph involving target "GetCopyToOutputDirectoryItems". c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.Targets 3051 6 ungzip
25 IntelliSense: namespace "std" has no member "back_inserter" 175 38 mptrack
26 IntelliSense: type name is not allowed c:\users\rakib\documents\openmpt\mptrack\serialization_utils.cpp 175 52 mptrack
27 IntelliSense: more than one instance of constructor "std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset [with _Bits=13U]" matches the argument list: 240 3 mptrack
28 IntelliSense: more than one instance of constructor "std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset [with _Bits=13U]" matches the argument list:    247 3 mptrack
29 IntelliSense: more than one instance of constructor "std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset [with _Bits=13U]" matches the argument list: 254 3 mptrack
30 IntelliSense: more than one instance of constructor "std::bitset<_Bits>::bitset [with _Bits=13U]" matches the argument list: 262 3 mptrack

^^

Relabsoluness

Quote from: Rakib on October 23, 2010, 12:47:56
Yes. The errors arising from the code itself should be fixed now in SVN, but the project conversion from VC2008 project files seemed to encounter some problems and modifying the project files was needed. Don't know if conversion from VC2003 project files would work better.