Misleading Code

Started by Really Weird Person, November 07, 2010, 20:55:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

When I look at the code and the behavior of the program, I think that the code may be misleading. The sample and instrument limits are said to be 256 and 4,000, respectively; however, they are actually 255 and 3,999, respectively. This leads me to believe that the sample and instrument indexes start at zero, but the display starts at one, thus offering one fewer sample and instrument than intended.

Saga Musix

Half of the code is probably wrongly expecting 256 instruments / 4000 samples, because it's a big mess.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

I believe that it has been mentioned before that the code is rather hectic and could use some cleaning up. Although, I will admit that it is much easier to follow than the original code submitted by Oliver six years ago. I think that is when it was—2004, but I could remembering incorrectly. Of course, I suppose that one would probably suspect, perhaps even expect, this to be the case if the project is going to be continued.