Pattern Row/Segment Quick Select

Started by Skaven, September 29, 2010, 16:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Skaven

Inspired by Excel. :) This is just a quick, nice to have, low priority thing that popped in my mind.

Quite simply: there is the grey row number indicator on the left side of the Pattern Editor. What if, by clicking on it, the pattern editor would select the whole row, and if you click and drag, it would select a segment (all channels)?

For some users it may be a bit quicker than shift + arrow down, then shift + end, especially if they're preparing to move the selection with the mouse.

Just thought this might improve the usefulness of the row number indicator a bit.

Saga Musix

Sounds indeed like an idea worth keeping in mind.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Seems like this has been posted on the issue tracker as well. :)
http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=45
I'll move this thread to the feature request archive, as it's easier to keep track of just one request for the same thing. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Skaven

That request doesn't specify the "click and drag select", though.... but I presume you have that in mind too. :)

Saga Musix

Yes, it would be pretty useless without click-and-drag IMO, so it has already been implemented partly. :)

Saga Musix

As noted in the bugtracker, this has been implemented in recent test versions, check http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe
(Though I wonder how much you will need it now that Bejeweled 3 is released, or are you already working on Bejeweled 4? ;D)

Rakib

Wow, it works great!
I love the fact that you can select several rows by using this method. If there is one thing that could be improved is that it won't scroll down or up like in the pattern.
^^

Saga Musix

That shouldn't be too complicated to do...

Rakib

^^