1.18.03 XM Fade Out control issue

Started by Harbinger, August 26, 2010, 21:37:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.03

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): No

Description of the bug: XM may be allowed to have a Fade-Out value of up to 32767, but the field still only accepts 3 digits. If i want 32767, i have to hold the up arrow button till it gets there, and i'm not sure if its does, because once the value reaches 9999, it doesn't show the 5th digit -- so what should be 10000, looks like 1000. I tried cutting and pasting into the field but it only accepts the 1st 3 digits.

Either allow more digits for XM tracks by expanding the field, or multiply the 3-digit value by 64 and subtract 1 internally (so that a value of 512 yields an internal, savable value of 32767).

How often does it happen?:Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description): Set up an XM track, assign an instrument, and try to put in a value...

Saga Musix

It actually accepts 4 digits, but that's just a temporary solution anyways - I'd rather aim for 0...4095+cut (=32767) like in milkytracker, as FT2 only supported changing the fadeout value in a 0...4095 range, but internally it allows greater values.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

This is the same problem as described here and has been fixed in OpenMPT 1.19.01.00 already... hence I'm closing this bug report.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.