Markers/Comments in Pattern Editor

Started by Harbinger, August 17, 2010, 17:43:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

I often need to mark certain notes (esp. PCEs) to show my intent or to remind me what i want to do with a certain section. With PCEs i need to know what parameter controls what (which is already done in the Status bar) but i often need a reminder as to what is done with this control later. Would love the ability to create little notes (resembling something like Help Tips) that appear when hovering the mouse on a certain event. Perhaps there can be an option to show them automatically when the pattern is displayed.

Saga Musix

I normally use channel names for that, something like "Cutoff control" or "Reverb control". Doesn't that suffice?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

No i was thinking along the lines of reminding myself with a glance (without having to move the input cursor) what PCE controls what, and more importantly, what i have an idea to do later. The channel headers already remind me what instrument i have assigned to that channel. Imagine a help tip with the little yellow box that appears for a second when you hold the mouse cursor over it... :wink:

Saga Musix

Well, it's all a matter of organizing of course. I use one channel for each automated parameter.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.