MIDI pitch wheel record in pattern now possible?

Started by Rabbit, August 19, 2010, 23:02:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabbit

Hello,

I've just bought a MIDI-USB interface and plugged in my old Keyboard to play around with OpenMPT. Btw. playing VST-instruments is a great fun!  :P

I used the search option but only got old posts about it. In release notes I found the following informations:

Quote[New] Can now record parameter changes to pattern (MPTM). [...]
+ <re> MIDI controllers can now be used to input smooth MIDI macro commands to pattern (setup->MIDI). (rev. 240) [...]

So is it now possible to record pitch wheel commands through MIDI in a pattern? Using the modulation wheel results in \xx-effects but pitch wheel seem to have no effect to pattern. But I can using it live with VST-instruments.

So is this still not implemented to OpenMPT or do I simply didn't get the trick?

Best regards,

Norbert

Rakib

Automation is a bit tricky with Modplug, but you can alway use Exx and Fxx if the vst supports input for midi-pitch.

I guess that you haven't turned on record params on your vst, and make sure that you're using mptm-format and not it  or xm.
^^

LPChip

In the setup, midi tab, is it set to respond to these commands?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rabbit

Quote from: "Rakib"Automation is a bit tricky with Modplug, but you can alway use Exx and Fxx if the vst supports input for midi-pitch.

I guess that you haven't turned on record params on your vst, and make sure that you're using mptm-format and not it  or xm.
Hello,

thank you for the quick responds. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in general so please let me explain how I do it.
    Start new Project.
    Change to MPTM at the song properties.
    On the general tap I click on "Select..." and choose an VST-instrument (the free DVS Guitar for example but also tried it with other VST-instruments) and load it to FX1.
    Create new instrument at the instrument tab.
    Choose FX1: DVS Guitar as Plugin/MIDI.
    Start Plugin-Editor and select "Record params".
    Begin new record at the pattern tab. Pitch wheel is audible while playing but will not recorded.
I just turned on every option at the MIDI tab in the setup section to be sure everything will be recorded. If I put Exx or Fxx effects manually between the recorded notes than portamento is there so the VST instrument is supporting it in general.

Best regards,

Norbert

Relabsoluness

Recording pitch wheel changes to pattern has not been implemented.