How much is ModPlug Central worth to YOU?

Started by Saga Musix, August 18, 2010, 20:44:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you donate?

No.
2 (20%)
Yes, anything less than 5 euros a year.
1 (10%)
Yes, anything less than 10 euros a year.
3 (30%)
Yes, anything less than 20 euros a year.
3 (30%)
Yes, anything less than 50 euros a year.
1 (10%)
Hell yes, I'd donate you the whole server costs! =)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 18, 2010, 20:48:10

Rxn

So do you want the money or not? I can't send it without knowing your
credentials. I don't need any emails, credits on the website or whatever.

Saga Musix

Be patient. :) I won't have much time for the new website until August 30th, and since I still look for (cheaper) alternatives, I don't know how much money we will need.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rxn

There is no point to set up a poll asking how much everyone would be ready
to donate without being ready to accept the donations.

You might catch the chance while I am here, I don't come about every day.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Rxn"There is no point to set up a poll asking how much everyone would be ready
to donate without being ready to accept the donations.
The point is that if everyone would vote for "no", we would already know that it's pointless to ask for donations and just keep everything as it is. The poll is just there to confirm how much money could be obtained this way. And currently it looks like we should set up a paypal account very soon. I wouldn't want to use my personal account for that.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

KrazyKatz

Keep us posted on the progress. I will be glad to contribute when we have headway and have added my vote. ( I like the idea of an Email too :P)

I strongly suggest opening a paypal account for Modplug that is overseen by 2 or 3 key members for everyone's peace of mind. The money can only be used for benefiting OMPT.

Also as Rxn wrote, this way we can accumulate funds at the convenience of others. You never know what may happen between now and then to willing donaters.

In the worst case if we can't get it up and running, we can refund people.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Louigi Verona

Give Rxn your paypal account details and let the guy donate. Then use that money. Even if you do not need it now, take it for the sake of perspective. Donations don't come easily and if a person has the opportunity now, please use it.

Saga Musix

Well if anyone wants to donate RIGHT NOW, you can use the PayPal link provided here, although I'm not too happy about that solution.

Rakib

Could you rather make a new english paypal account.
^^

Saga Musix

I have just fixed that issue... the PayPal button generator is totally weird. :P

Tony

I would donate too, just got to figure out how much euros are in NZ dollars first, anyway I may be new to it all but I am enjoying modplug and want to help too :D

Rakib

^^

Tony

Cool thanks!

Its pretty much $2 gets you 1 euro.

Louigi Verona

I think it is safe to conclude: Modplug can live on our humble donations, which are not that humble after all! ;)

Harbinger

I must be poor! I think this site is one of the best. I feel i'm in a clique, and i rarely have problems accessing this site. I wouldn't say the site has gone downhill at all...

Myself, i would also like to donate maybe $20 a year, but i NEVER transfer money over the internet -- ESPECIALLY PayPal! If there is a way to send money by mail with a US postal money order in US$, let us know! :wink:

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Harbinger"I wouldn't say the site has gone downhill at all...
Well, you probably didn't experience the site before the big crash then.

QuoteMyself, i would also like to donate maybe $20 a year, but i NEVER transfer money over the internet -- ESPECIALLY PayPal! If there is a way to send money by mail with a US postal money order in US$, let us know! :wink:
I have to say that sending money by mail is actually a couple of times more dangerous than sending it via PayPal or another online service - especially to Europe.