[beta] Observations while playing a module

Started by Sam_Zen, March 13, 2006, 03:09:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

1. If changes in playback are to be made, like 'mute channel on transition', the pattern tab of OMPT is the place to be.
It would be very convenient to have a main output-volume-slider in that pane. There's room.
2. I load a song, and enable 'loop pattern' in the pattern tab. So it should repeat pattern 0 after a start.
Instead, if I play from cursor (F5), then 'loop pattern' is automatically disabled.
I have to manually enable it again inside the pattern-time to establish the wanted status.
I don't understand the advantage of this default mechanism.
3. I would like to have the (last) status of the 'record' button in the pattern tag being saved as well in the ini.
Starting from a playback intention, being able to record is not very relevant as a default.
4. A nice fine-tuning in options on channel-level would be : 'Unmute all on transition'.

rewbs

I agree with all the points you make except 2. My guess is your F5 key is bound to "play song". If you want to loop the pattern, press the "play pattern" key. The purpose of the loop song checkbox is to modify the active playback state, not modify the behaviour of existing commands.

I can't keep track of all these ideas and requests so I'm going to re open the issue tracker on the sourceforge website at some point.

Sam_Zen

Let me state, that I don't make any requests. I'm aware of the flow of such messages, and keeping track of it.
I prefer to stick to delivering test-data and sometimes mentioning : it would maybe be useful, if..
About point 2 : You wrote : If you want to loop the pattern, press the "play pattern" key.
This could be an option, if a command-switch to e.g. the main 'play song' key would be synced (at transition).

rewbs

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"This could be an option, if a command-switch to e.g. the main 'play song' key would be synced (at transition).
Sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean by command-switch?

Sam_Zen

Sorry for vague expressions. Btw my F5 key is bound to "play song from cursor", not "play from start".
Switches of the commands :
Since there is the option of e.g. mute channel on transition, it's possible to deliver a command,
which is only executed (switched) after a specified delay under specific conditions.
Besides this, is the complication, that the 'play pattern' key is only available in the pattern tab view,
while the 'play song' or 'play song from cursor' buttons are in the main window of the program.