When was MPT born?

Started by roy.rajabally, August 16, 2010, 18:48:42

Previous topic - Next topic

roy.rajabally

Hello everyone. I've been a long-time user of MPT, and I wanted to know in what year was the original Modplug Tracker by Olivier created. I have searched the official website, the wiki, and the about of the program itself, but I was unable to find. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks and good tracking to everyone. :D
In space, noone can hear you scream. Why?
a) too many explosions
b) spaceship wooshes
c) orchestral music

Saga Musix

The first alpha versions materialized in late 1997. They can stil be tried out (be warned, they might look scary to you :) ). The new OpenMPT website will contain more information about this, so stay tuned. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

roy.rajabally

Thanks!
(and woah, fast reply! :) )
a) too many explosions
b) spaceship wooshes
c) orchestral music

KrazyKatz

Woah.. Those early editions are scary indeed :P

Love the signature Mr. Rajabally :)
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Saga Musix

Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Love the signature Mr. Rajabally :)
I think the avatar is also very enjoyable.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

nobuyuki

and to think that those early alpha versions are what first got me into tracking  :o

roy.rajabally

To KrazyKatz: Hehe, thanks. Ofcourse it is not original material of mine, if I recall well I took from a picture in Cracked.com or something. But since it is both a joke+reference about sound/audio/soundtracks (3 things that I love so much in this world...), it remained in my mind as to never forget it.

To Jojo: Why, thank you. Not sure everyone knows it, but it is Commander Keen, one of the best games of the early 90's.

To nobuyuki: Yes, and it is precisely these simple, clean, old, and dare I say, more intuitive graphics, that makes modplug so wonderful of a software. It has remained simple looking and that makes it so great compared to other nowadays software with bulky, "bubbled" GUIs.

I am a professional sound designer/post-production audio editor, as well as an amateur musician and occasional composer of soundtracks for medium-sized productions (documentaries mostly). I work daily with Protools and have had experience with a large set of softwares from both Mac and PC, including Soundtrack, Garageband, Acid, FruityLoops and specially Logic, and when it comes to music composing, I have to say that Modplug is my fundamental tool and would not change it for any other tracker or software.

I'd like to add that I am so glad that there's still a community os users and programmers continuously improving this excellent program, yet not ruining it, keeping all it's charm just like it was back then nearly a decade ago.

I'm also an illustrator/graphic designer and if anyone needs help when it comes to the realm of visual arts, just send me a PM. I work with pixel art, vector, general bitmap art and cross-breeds between all of those. I'd be very glad to contribute to any project I'd have time to help with - including logo designs, GUI's for VST plugins, to name a few examples.

:)
a) too many explosions
b) spaceship wooshes
c) orchestral music

Saga Musix

Quote from: "roy.rajabally"To Jojo: Why, thank you. Not sure everyone knows it, but it is Commander Keen, one of the best games of the early 90's.
Wait, you mean there are people out there who don't know Commander Keen? :o  :lol:

Rakib

Since you're asking. Openmpt.com needs a new banner, more info can be found here.
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3824.0
^^