1.18.02.00 Wrong pan value after conversion

Started by Sam_Zen, June 21, 2010, 00:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

I wanted to convert a 4 channel MOD to XM.
The default channel panning of a MOD is set to L - R - R - L.
With earlier versions of OMPT this got lost, so all channels were set to mono.
Now, the conversion works correct, so the Initial Pan values become 64 for L and 192 for R.

But there's a bug. Channel 1 is set to 128 (centered) instead of 64.
And with XM, the Initial Pan slider is greyed out, so it can't be corrected.
It's only channel 1. With a 12 CH MOD, channels 5 and 9 do have the correct 64.

Conversion of MOD to IT works correctly, and of course there the sliders are available for a change.

Saga Musix

Thanks for pointing this out - it revealed that channel settings were neither set correctly for MOD, XM nor S3M when converting, due to a an error in the code which I didn't even expect to compile, but apparently it did.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this has been fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.03.00. You may set the thread status to S=C then.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

(sorry for the delay)

Can't confirm this.
Now all channels are set to a value of 128

Saga Musix

well, of course. xm doesn't have channel panning. xm only has sample panning, so all channels are just defaulted back to center.

Sam_Zen

This would mean that my original prepatch bug should be read the other way :
Channel 1 is behaving correctly with 128 (centered), while channels 2 - 4 do it the wrong way, transferring 64 and 192
from the default MOD values.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"This would mean that my original prepatch bug should be read the other way :
Channel 1 is behaving correctly with 128 (centered), while channels 2 - 4 do it the wrong way, transferring 64 and 192
from the default MOD values.
I know. And exactly that has been fixed?

Sam_Zen