Modplug mentioned in Computer Music Magazine

Started by maleek, August 10, 2010, 18:16:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Okay, so things have been shifted by a month or so, but the November special on free music software should have something about OpenMPT, finally. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Hold on... they're in the special edition? I only have a subscription to the normal CM.

Crap.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

What did you expect, a 10-pages review for a little piece of open source? This special does not only cover OpenMPT but other free audio software as well, so there's about one page for every software.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

99 software programs, not only trackers/sequenser but also synths, effects, samplers, drums, amps, mobile/pad application and so on.

Amongs the tracker they commented was: Arkos, SunVox, Buzz and modplug.
^^

LPChip

I only asked because it seemed to suddenly stop.

Their last action is to put an effect in the master chain. I see no mention of tweaking it any further or playing it to hear the results.

Saga Musix

Got my issue today. :D At least among the Trackers and DAWs, it looks like OpenMPT got the biggest article (others are just half a page or even less). :)

LPChip

Quote from: Jojo on November 05, 2010, 16:09:31
Got my issue today. :D At least among the Trackers and DAWs, it looks like OpenMPT got the biggest article (others are just half a page or even less). :)

Would you (or anyone else mind to scan one in for me?) I can look if the local store gives me the ability to purchase an issue of this magazine, but I doubt it, and I'd like to read this article.

Saga Musix

It's just the page Rakib linked, plus the files on CD.

LPChip

Oh, ok. :) I thought that was an older special, and there was a new one coming up. :)

Thanks. :)

Rakib

^^