Wma and mp3 files.

Started by Tony, July 22, 2010, 04:31:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Hi there! First time posting on this website and very much new to this Openmpt.

I thank the guy that made this! Be my first time making any music in my life thanks to that person. That tutorial was absolutly fun to do!

I dont know if you can do it, but when I record a noise or my voice using  windows sound recorder, and put it on openMPT it does'nt seem to work and all I can hear is static or something, but if I use windows media player, I can hear it perfectly.

Have I missed something out or is there a program that I should be using? If someone has already asked this question and it has been all cleared up, could I please get a link to that posting.

Cheers and thanks for your time : )

Rakib

Modplug does currently not support mp3 or wma as sample formats.
You need one of this formats: XI, ITS, S3I, SMP,
SND, RAW, PAT, 8SVX, and PCM (wav) samples. For futher reference I recommend, the offline help file that can be found here:

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3405.0&start=0
^^

Tony

Cheers thanks for that!

Random question, but can you change Mp3 or Wma into a Wav? If so can you suggest a program to use?

Rakib

Any sound editors should be able to do that. I suggest audacity or goldwave.
^^

LPChip

Do note that mp3 and wma files are compressed in such way that they'll loose quality. Converting an mp3 or wma back to wav will not bring back the quality.

If you recorded the original mp3 or wma, it is better to record it again. Sure, it is some tedious work, but the quality will make up for it (and the experience too)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Tony"Random question, but can you change Mp3 or Wma into a Wav? If so can you suggest a program to use?
LameDrop might be the easiest way to convert MP3 back to WAV, but as mentioned before, better directly record to WAV instead of MP3, as you won't lose any quality then.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Tony

Hey Cheers for all the help guys! Hope this help starts me off in making some interesting music :D

Tony

Hey Jojo, just tryed that program and it worked perfectly! Thank you very much for the advice :D