RSS feeds for Not Only Music

Started by uncloned, July 09, 2010, 23:57:46

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

MrEagle,

I think you need to listen to your own advice....

Quote*sigh* Sure, sure... ::)
But, as you know, hate leads to the dark side of the force. Seriously, I think there is no reason to freak out.

LPChip

MrEagle asked me to delete his account. When I asked him to reconsider, he said he was sure and had playing with the thought for a longer time. I respected his wishes and deleted his account. This action cannot be undone.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

LPChip

Quote from: "uncloned"that is a shame.

Indeed.

Mr. Eagle, I'm sure you will come back to this topic eventually.

Would you do, and you have decided that it really was a mistake to leave, remember, you can always register for a new account under the same name. You cannot however, edit your older posts.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "Louigi Verona"
Quote from: "TheEagle"Well, Mr. Uncloned, without wanting to offend you but I think it's not good that you do advertising here for your forum.

I hate that kind of mentality. Why shouldn't people be allowed to advertise their projects? I seriously don't get it.
LPChip summed it up nicely, though we're not just talking about bots here: Would you like to have people that never heard of trackers or the demoscene advertise their commercial albums on modplug central (it has happened several times)? Do you want random people to promote their even more random website on modplug central? Now, do you still not get why people in general are allowed to advertise?
Of course unclosed is neither a random person, nor promoting his next commercial album, so this is OK of course.

I am not talking about bots. I was talking about NOM. I think it was clear.

psishock

Lol Mr Eagle, why the sudden dramatic act?

I would totally understand your point, if some random dude would had thrown us some random sites to "check". But we're talkin about uncloned. :) Our forum mates, friends, comrades should be totally fine, to promote us their potential nice projects, and what they are working on.

It naturally happened sometimes, that i wasnt interested at all, but i've also checked a good number of them too. You can really just skip the ones that aren't appealing to you, and leave it to people, who can potentially find it interesting for themselves.

uncloned surely dont want you to fall on your knees, his just contributing as wide as possible, posting stuffs that he thinks worthwhile, and also has his own opinion about every argument. It can easy happen, that people will not agree with him, also he can use various forms of self expression (which can happen to change with his mood). He is human too you know, as we all are. Give him a break, we're certainly not in the military, where everything has to go perfect and politically correct. :D

Deleting your account for this laughably small misunderstanding is pure nonsense, imho. :) Just simply register back.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Louigi Verona

QuoteGive him a break, we're certainly not in the military, where everything has to go perfect and politically correct.

+1

AlisterFlint

Quote from: "TheEagle"Sometimes while reading some of you posts I thought "Hell, what shall we do? What does he expect from us? Shall we fall on our knees, or what??"
    maybe a simple "thanks" would have been plenty enough.. i've always thought showing a bit of gratitude to people who help you, is just a matter of respect. unless, of course, you take things for granted..

KrazyKatz

This is upsetting. I don't want to see dedicated members leave. And it's not about a single comment, he said he's been tinkering with the idea for a while.

This is a forum I consider like a good friend. And it's upsetting when someone leaves, because that's a good friend leaving.

Whilst I respect his decision, I do hope he comes back.
What I will do though, is try persuade everyone to take a step back and  remember that Modplug is about the music (stupid) which connects us all, and to keep that in mind when writing our comments.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Louigi Verona

KrazyKatz, I believe that the best advice should be not "watch your comments" but "don't be so touchy".

KrazyKatz

That too. But this is a somewhat passionate forum, so I think both apply.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Louigi Verona

Haha! Passionate indeed. Only Sam is calm as a synth without a player =)