[Trance]AvB -Blue Fear (Rakib mix) (.mp3) for a compo

Started by Rakib, June 17, 2010, 20:25:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

^^

kit beats

Hey Rakib,

Congrats you got that 4th place:)
This is not my genre but the mix is verry good and well made.
I bin lookin myself for some accapella to remix, thats cool.

best regards,
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Rakib

Thanks.

Good that you have been working on acapella, I also did some work on another remix compo
http://www.remixcomps.com/Digital-Energy-Remix-Competition
Maybe you should try this out.
^^

kit beats

excuse me im not doing that already, but i want to make a beat on some rap accapella but i dontknow where to search for acapella.:)

thanks for that link.

Rakib

^^

kit beats

Thanks Rakib,

I just joined myself and downloaded the files.

Later!

kit beats

This are some terms, can i go in with the contest? i dont get these 2 terms or understand that well english:

Q: How many audio files do I have to use?
A: You can use as few or as many stems as you'd like. If you don't use any, you must upload a cover of "Turn It Up" to be eligible to win.

Q: Can I use samples in my submission?
A: No! Your submission must be made of the tracks provided and/or material for which you own the copyright.

Q: What can I add to the source files?
A: You can add anything you want! You can re-record the audio, add your own melodies, only use the source files - the sky is the limit.

I mean i use my own samples so...?!:)
I think i must use only them samples to go in with the contest is that right?

Best regards,:)

Rakib

1. I think as many as samplesyou want, steams I think is something if you want to use their online program to make the song.

2. They mean sampling, if your sampling from others sources that you have no copyrigths over. Like a song.

3. Source is the given samples, so you can add whatever you want, your own samples and so on. But your making the on modplug and not their online software so it doesn't comply to you.
^^

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Since i have no idea what changes were made from the original, i shall restrict my comments to the song in general, no matter who composed it and who remixed it.

Very good Trance, excellent sound space, and stereo work. Don't like that the beat stopped about 2 mins in (psishock lives!) but the timbral choices were quite interesting in the "slow" section. My ears were waiting for some development of the strange "alien" theme midway in but were not satisfied in that respect. But the main theme and bassline picked up and continued -- just not long enough and with no interesting variations. I would like for kick basses to have a little more bass pickup, and for melodies to be more inspiring, but overall a good piece that will remain in my Background music rotation...