Confirm instrument deletion

Started by Skaven, June 06, 2010, 16:03:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Skaven

When pressing "Del" to delete a note from the pattern, the focus may actually be in the Instrument list (tree view), and the user may end up deleting several instrumens before noticing something has just gone horribly, horribly wrong.  :shock:   (the "delete associated samples?" may put a stop to this, but the worst has already happened, it's a bit fiddly to get the instruments back where they were)

So. It would be nice to have a little "Delete instrument xx?" confirmation. Thanks! :)

(for deleting unused stuff, there's always the Cleanup tools, so I don't think the confirmation causes trouble if someone wants to get rid of multiple instruments?)

Rakib

I don't want to try but if a file gets deleted, does it go to the trash bin or is it completely deleted?
^^

Saga Musix

Sounds useful, I'll look into it.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Skaven

Quote from: "Rakib"I don't want to try but if a file gets deleted, does it go to the trash bin or is it completely deleted?
By instrument I mean an entry in the song's instrument list (within an .it or .mptm song) which isn't necessarily saved to a file. It just vanishes from the list.

To get it back, I'll need to open an earlier version of the song, save the instrument to a file from there, then open the current version and open the saved instrument, then re-map the samples to the original sample and delete the new sample.

(I tend to create multiple instruments out of a single sample, ie using the same sample in multiple ways with different envelopes and filters - this is a bit problematic with the way MPT handles instruments)

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Skaven"To get it back, I'll need to open an earlier version of the song
One of the reasons why I have set OpenMPT to autosave every minute. :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Skaven

Looks like this already works in 1.18.02 so I'm closing this now. Thanks! :)