Deafened Psychosis returns.

Started by Freth, December 28, 2007, 13:27:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Freth

Deafened Psychosis (deafpsych.net) is back.  I've recently reacquired the domain.  The music is back online as you read this, but there's a lot of work left to do.  I plan on adding new features, like comments, ratings and upload capability.  My goal isn't to compete with other websites, but to bring the vintage collection back online and provide a more interactive experience for the MOD enthusiast.  The site is far from complete, but you can browse and download from the whole collection.  Keep in mind the site will be transforming as the days, weeks and months go by.
Owner: deafpsych.net (Deafened Psychosis) (old) now at -> freth.us/dp.php

MisterX

This is great news - a legend returns!
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

residentgrey

heh delaware, oh...my family lives like 1.5 hours north of him...
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Freth

I don't know if I'd call it a legend.  :P

MisterX

Quote from: "Freth"I don't know if I'd call it a legend.  :P

What?  Delaware, OH? :)
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Freth

Freth

This may seem like a necro post from hell, but I thought I would give an update on Deafened Psychosis.  It's now 2010 and I shut down DP back in 2008.  Shortly after my domain (deafpsych.net) was grabbed up by squatters and has been unavailable for the last two years because they refuse to let it go and I refuse to pay them to get it back.  I still have my mods, still have the website saved on a backup hard drive.  I now have a virtual web server of my own and am considering putting DP back up at some point, but I wanted to see if there is interest in the community to do so.  If not I won't bother.

LPChip

Even if there's little interest, consider that putting up the files on another location might get the owners of your domain decide to release it as there's no need anymore. Maybe in a year of 5 or so, you might be able to get the domain back.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"Even if there's little interest, consider that putting up the files on another location might get the owners of your domain decide to release it as there's no need anymore. Maybe in a year of 5 or so, you might be able to get the domain back.
Eh, that's not how domain grabbers work. They are not interested at all if the domain is worth anything or if you moved your own stuff to another domain - domains are normally grabbed / "parked" by the companies who sell them as well, so there's absolutely no loss for them by parking sites, and they won't stop it in 5 years either.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Quote from: "Freth"This may seem like a necro post from hell, but I thought I would give an update on Deafened Psychosis.  It's now 2010 and I shut down DP back in 2008.  Shortly after my domain (deafpsych.net) was grabbed up by squatters and has been unavailable for the last two years because they refuse to let it go and I refuse to pay them to get it back.  I still have my mods, still have the website saved on a backup hard drive.  I now have a virtual web server of my own and am considering putting DP back up at some point, but I wanted to see if there is interest in the community to do so.  If not I won't bother.

I will host your website.

I can provide subdomain from www.soonlabel.com or www.notonlymusic.com if you need.

PM if interested.

Chris