[hiphop Beat] Something Real Special (.mp3) Samplekit beat

Started by kit beats, May 07, 2010, 19:49:46

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

I'm uncloned.

No doubt I'll be told here I'm using that improperly as well.

psishock

lol relax uncloned, the word is as cruel and aggressive as you interpret it. :D
Process the information in your hear otherwise, and you will get the input from the people in different perspective.

I think Rakib merely said his personal toughs about the word "clone" (which can have a wide meaning in different context anyway, it can lead to meaningless arguing), didn't tried to bash you in any hostile way.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

that last comment was a tongue in cheek joke, mostly.

Modplug has been getting quieter. That is a fact.

AlisterFlint

subtlety is not always an easy thing to pass along, with text-only communication..

psishock

Quote from: "uncloned"Modplug has been getting quieter. That is a fact.
well it was about the same, when i've arrived here years ago. A corner of the internet, a "last outpost" like site with limited users. And we have the fact that people are getting older, or married, or changing lifestyles, etc, and the resupply of the new musicians are yet again very limited. :D I am trying my best to express my feelings and self, whenever i can anyway.

Quote from: "AlisterFlint"subtlety is not always an easy thing to pass along, with text-only communication..
umm well yea, on some cases. To be honest, its getting simpler and simpler as you more know the person who you speak to. I can almost read the few, most closest friend's mind, on most cases without even a word, or from a very few. You know how will the person react, how and what is he/she feeling.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

perhaps Psi it was like that.  I know at one point I was astonished that TiS had so much traffic and Modplug almost none.  (Years past Modplug was a refuge for those upset Saurin wanted to make money from TiS and by implication, tracker music).  Now, for various reasons, songs compete with tumble weeds for attention.  Though really that is kind of sad.   :cry:

At one point recently Modplug was getting to be pretty vibrant - but I guess all things change.

Myself I've been more and more active with microtonal music - though writing an improvisation in "normal tuning" is nice to do and I find relaxing - though too often boring.

kit beats

Quote from: "AlisterFlint"edit only some of your samples (kick, snare..) and edit them separately in your audio editor[/b][/list]

Ok i cut the sample but what can i do more then?
I normalize them thats it.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "uncloned"perhaps Psi it was like that.  I know at one point I was astonished that TiS had so much traffic and Modplug almost none.  (Years past Modplug was a refuge for those upset Saurin wanted to make money from TiS and by implication, tracker music).  Now, for various reasons, songs compete with tumble weeds for attention.  Though really that is kind of sad.   :cry:

At one point recently Modplug was getting to be pretty vibrant - but I guess all things change.

Myself I've been more and more active with microtonal music - though writing an improvisation in "normal tuning" is nice to do and I find relaxing - though too often boring.

I am always saddened when vibrant communities grow old and slow. Modplug is more or less alive since OpenMPT is being developed. A community around a piece of software has potential to get those periods of activity with new versions or new users coming in.

TiS was build around just music in the world of many alternatives, offering pretty much the same and, in fact, less impressive functionality and support. It was a beta when it was opened and it still hasn't changed. Saurin stopped working on it and a raw product just went dead. In fact, TiS needed much-much more work. I think something changed when the designer died - remember the news? A person who made the web design passed away. I think at that point it sort of stopped completely.

AlisterFlint

normalize would "only" boost up your whole sample/loop. and level up all frequencies, thus reducing contrast.
dynamic is enhancing/emphasizing frequency peaks.

original sample

dynamic sample

normalized sample

hope that helps..

Sam_Zen

I don't agree about normalization leveling up all frequencies.
It just increases the overall volume, so the contrast stays the same.

Louigi Verona

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"I don't agree about normalization leveling up all frequencies.
It just increases the overall volume, so the contrast stays the same.

+1

AlisterFlint

well thank you for correcting me, Sam. i knew it wasn't right, but out of laziness, i was pretty sure someone more knowledgeable would fix my mistake  :D

Louigi Verona

I think compression levels out stuff. Normalization just multiplies and I was told by Jojo I think that in OpenMPT for instance the code just multiplies the amplitude to the max no clipping value.