Shortcut : effect value +/-1 (Pattern Editor)

Started by Paul Legovitch, April 25, 2010, 14:46:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Legovitch

In the pattern editor Ctrl+A and Ctrl+Q lets you transpose notes that have been highlighted by a semi-tone (or by an octave whith shift pressed).
Currently it does nothing if only the effect column or the volume column is selected (without the note column) so I'd like these shortcuts to increase/decrease the effect value of the selected column by 1 (or by 10 with shift pressed).

Rakib

^^

Paul Legovitch

Sorry about that.
The behaviour you proposed in this thread is that transpose+1 would change f.e. note off == to note cut ^ ^, effects D to effect E, F to G etc. To put it bluntly I can't think of any situation where I would find this usable. If I read correctly you were searching for an easy way to browse and enter notations (that can be easily mapped in the keyboard configuration).

What I propose is to add +/-1 to the byte(s) of the highlighted column without changing the effect. This would allow to easily change panning values, or volume (in a non-proportional way and without creating new entries like the amplify option does).

To be precise : if several rows are selected, containing different effects (A06...Z00...Z40) it should add +/-1 (or +/-10) only to the rows with the same effect as the last one selected (like the interpolate effect option).

Saga Musix

I've added two generic shortcuts: Data Entry +1 and Data Entry -1. They can be used to increase or decrease anything that seemed to make sense to me (notes, instruments and effect parameters - not effect letters). Maybe you want to try this out... http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Paul Legovitch

Nice to see this implemented, thanks !
Mapped to Ctrl+Page Up/Down, everything seems to work great, the SX effects in particular behave as expected.

It would be nice to also have Data Entry +16 and Data Entry -16 : it would allow to modify the first and second digit separatly (speed and depth f.e.) for tremollo, vibrato, panbrello, tremor, arpeggio, ...

(Hi everybody reading this, long time no see !)

Saga Musix

Good to see you back. Yeah, I thought about adding either +16 or +10 as a shortcut as well if everything works as expected.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I've added "coarse" shortcuts, which add/subtract 12 from the note column, 10 from the instrument/volume column, and 16 from the effect column (or 10 if it's a PC note entry).