Anyone having problems with sfz?

Started by Saga Musix, April 18, 2010, 15:15:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Hi all,
I keep having problems with sfz under Win7 (64-bit). I tried it with both the current development code and the old OpenMPT 1.17.02.54, and it's the same in both cases. I cannot recall having this problems under WinXP.
My problem is that, no matter what soundfont I load, sfz keeps complaining that there is not enough memory left to load the soundfont. That's bullshit of course, I have plenty of memory. In fact, it even happens with very small 8MB soundfonts. After a few tries, it finally manages to load one soundfont, and that's the ConcertGM soundfont in most cases, which is 300MB in size. Weird, huh? I wonder: Is anyone having similar problems with sfz?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Jojo,

is this 32 or 64 bit win7?

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

ok, I can try to reproduce the problem.

I have (only) a 64 bit install

uncloned

yep,

Same thing happens to me with the latest OMPT, latest SFZ, and an 8 megabyte soundfont.

Win 7 64 bit home premium

LPChip

I have had the same issue. No problems with Win 7, 32-bit, but 64-bit edition gave me the same error.

Strangely enough, after loading and unloading the SF2's, I was able to get them loaded again without a problem.

I first loaded a small soundfont and once that got accepted, it also was willing to pick my big ones.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

I have sometimes a similar trouble with some of my vst-s, in "plain" WinXP 32bit, with Physical Address Extension (PAE memory hack) enabled. I guess some applications just cannot handle certain type of "emulations", like 64bit Win has for 32bit programs, and they will give random "memory full" errors, even when the actual memory is clearly almost totally empty.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

Actually, the problem is not specific to OpenMPT and there is a semi-solution: Change the "mode" to PR16 or DFD instead of SF32 or SF16.

LPChip

I still have this problem, and it seems to be a memory leak of some sort, because if it happens to give this message, and I close the song, OpenMPT can easily crash right after.

Does anyone know how I can load in the song change parameters without having to reload the soundfonts? Cus I don't know which soundfonts I loaded. :(

EDIT: I found out by accident.

Just change the parameter to DFD then press the previous and next preset button once. :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Hmm... I now can't get my last one to work anymore. Must be that somehow the location of my sf2 files has changed. :(

Anyone any idea how to see what file I had loaded previously in sfz? I tried opening the file with Notepad++ but the gibberish doesn't make sense.