tempo / speed problems

Started by Dstone, December 21, 2010, 17:46:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Dstone

Hi, I'm new to openMPT and I'm having problems with changing the tempo (I usually want to speed my music up) what happens is, I start making a pattern (during this time the tempo button on the main menu shows this -- and is uneditable) then when I play it I usually try to increase the tempo to 180-354 and it will play faster while I'm playing the pattern, but as soon as I stop it reverts to 125, any help would be appreciated.

Dstone

doesn't matter I figured it out.

Saga Musix

Sounds like you're trying to edit the tempo using the controls from the main bar, which is not possible.
You can edit the default (= starting) tempo of the song on the general tab (check the "initial speed" slider) or use tempo commands (Txx in the S3M/IT/MPTM format, Fxx in MOD/XM) to change the tempo on the fly.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Dstone

Quote from: Jojo on December 21, 2010, 18:14:34
Sounds like you're trying to edit the tempo using the controls from the main bar, which is not possible.
You can edit the default (= starting) tempo of the song on the general tab (check the "initial speed" slider) or use tempo commands (Txx in the S3M/IT/MPTM format, Fxx in MOD/XM) to change the tempo on the fly.

just tried that, and it worked like a charm.