[OT] Desktop Screenshots (last one, I promise! :)

Started by Squirrel Havoc, March 03, 2006, 01:52:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Snu

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 Snu
I experienced the same interference sounds while moving the mouse.
Try muting the CD-connection in the system audio-mixer.
This is because the cable between the cd-unit and the soundcard has connected both sides of the zero-signal,
while the main ground-connection already is there via the bus of the soundcard. A ground-loop.

i dont remember if i even had the cd audio cable connected... (i never listen to cds on the comp, just rip them).  anyway, that vid card is long gone and i have a much better one now.
good to know if i ever have issues again, thanks.

bvanoudtshoorn

Yay for bumping old threads! :D

How about some more desktop screenshots, people? :)

Here's mine: http://test.pbc.wa.edu.au/temp/desktop.jpg

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

So you're a teetotaller, eh, älskling? :P

What's Avant browser, LP?

Sam_Zen

I suppose I'm a teetotaller too. This boring thing was part of my after-boot desktop :

Just a blue background with two buttons. The Bin-icon is just there to quickly wipe buttons left on the desktop after a setup.

My real desktop is the custom build bar of TC to start with.

But I'm inspired By LPChip so I added a background to the after-boot desktop :
http://i33.tinypic.com/n5n3vc.jpg
A digital terrain made by my daughter Ellis.

älskling

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"So you're a teetotaller, eh, älskling? :P

Homer no function beer well without :)

LPChip

Avant Browser is the old brower I used when I made that screenshot. Its one of those IE shell browsers. Using the IE core to display the page, but the rest is by Avant browser. This makes it more secure and faster, and adds lots of options.

Nowadays, I use Opera though.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

residentgrey

xoblite as shell, qttabbar in explorer, XP is os. Nuff said.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

LPChip

Saga Musix

nothing changed here. i could show you my ubuntu desktop, but that's just plain blue. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Ker-bump!

My desktop at work.

I see you have windows in a box - best place for it I'd say :-)

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "uncloned"
Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Ker-bump!

My desktop at work.

I see you have windows in a box - best place for it I'd say :-)

lol -- you wouldn't believe the angst that caused when we decided to try migrating an existing Windows installation to VirtualBox. :/ For everyone else's reference, if you do it, it's pretty much a one way trip, even if you keep Windows on a separate partition.

The Windows installation you see on my desktop, though, is a nice clean install, so that we can have a 'clean room' testbed for stuff. :)