Mobilemodplug

Started by Shadegat3, April 16, 2010, 20:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadegat3

:D  Anyone thought of a Modplugmobile,yet? Java script. It WOULD work on various handsets,introducing people to tracking and bringing newcomers into the scene who would otherwise never have known we existed.

Just a thought.

Necterine.

Saga Musix

Oh right, and you're the one who's going to write modplug in javascript? have fun with that! geez...
More seriously, though, there are a few trackers out there that also run on mobile platforms, I think Milky does that, and maybe also Schism. NitroTracker runs on the Nintento DS, but it's not very advanced in terms of editing. OpenMPT on a non-windows platform is not going to happen anytime soon.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Perhaps Shadegat3 should have a look at the code as well. It took me and the developers two or three days to get it to work on my computer just so that I can build and debug it. That does not count comiling the program. I cannot seem to do that for some strange reason. Of course, the alternative to compiling the program would be either:

1. Taking another two or three days perhaps to get the latest commit of the code to work (at this point, Jojo, Relabsoluness, and I have a headache, OUCH, OUR HEADS!)
2. Using version 1.17.02.52 (my headache becomes a migraine)

Why would I want to take two weeks to create a song of 62,985 patterns when I can do it in just a few minutes or limit myself to 65,000 when I can extend that just a little bit and make it 65,435?

Perhaps this one. Why would I want to divide 876,293 (737 × 1,189) by 16 so that I can take a couple of weeks making a song that has 54,769 patterns in it when I can just divide it by 1,023 and get 857 instead? Dividing it by the full 1,024 yields 856 patterns, but 1,024 does not work because I cannot save a song that has a 65,536-row pattern. Modplug Tracker saves only up to 65,535 rows (although 65,535 is not divisible by 64 like 65,536). 65,535 is divisible by 15 though.