MP3 Making

Started by Really Weird Person, April 13, 2010, 13:48:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

That is awesome! Apparently the new version makes either full length or 500 MB MP3s (whichever one comes first).

Rakib

Have any songs to listen to?
^^

psishock

omg dont ask him that Rakib, i dont wana download 20gigs for a single tune :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Sam_Zen

Depending on the compression, it's a song of about 8 hours..

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "psishock"omg dont ask him that Rakib, i dont wana download 20gigs for a single tune

Why would you not want him to ask that question? It is a legitimate question. The answer is yes. I would like to see you come up with a 20 GB file of any type (considering that file creation stops at 2 GB if I am not mistaken). In addition, if Rakib wants to hear the song, but you don't want to download it because of its size (155 MB), then I do not see why you would have to download it.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Depending on the compression, it's a song of about 8 hours..

Actually, the song is only 1:24:51. I tried to make another MP3, but that did not work. That song is over 42 hours long (16,974 patterns). :lol: And I made a song yesterday that is 134.3680555555556 hours long (62,985 patterns).

uncloned

Quote(considering that file creation stops at 2 GB if I am not mistaken).

depends on your OS

if win 7 64 it is then much larger.

psishock

Quoteconsidering that file creation stops at 2 GB if I am not mistaken
only if you're still on FAT16 :D, the limit on FAT32 is about 4gigs, not to speak about NTFS, where the limit is nearly unlimited by nowday standards. I have a couple of files that take up about 8-9gigs by each, and im on WinXP 32bit sp3.

http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs_vs_fat.htm

And sure, i would gladly like to hear your pieces too, if rendered to some acceptable sizes and time. The 20gigs was apparently a joke from me. =)

uncloned

the rub will be uploading a huge file like that.

once uploaded having it playable through a flash streaming flavor would be a good solution.

psishock

yup, a couple of 10gigs would be a downloaders nightmare, but the streaming can enable realtime play and skips if necessary.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "uncloned"
Quote(considering that file creation stops at 2 GB if I am not mistaken).

depends on your OS

if win 7 64 it is then much larger.
no, because modplug is not a 64-bit application and most internal variables are just 32-bit. there are actually a few variables which could stop the file from growing larger than 2gb.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

uncloned

ok, I stand corrected.