Main Menu

IMF Help

Started by Really Weird Person, April 07, 2010, 03:31:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I cannot seem to open IMF files. I get an error dialog that reads:

Opening "C:\ONEMUST\IMFs\01 - Shadowlands.imf" failed. This can happen if no more documents can be opened or if the file type was not recognized (which is oddly misspelled)*. If the former is true, it's recommended to close some documents as otherwise crash is likely (currently (no space before the parenthesis)* there are 0 documents (There appears to be two space characters before the word documents.)* open).

* (which is oddly misspelled), (no space before the parenthesis), and (There appears to be two space characters before the word documents):  Not in the dialog itself

How do I fix this problem?

jmkz

Try using old DOS file name in the Open File dialog, maybe it work . :?:

EDIT: Make sure that is not an error in the module, anyway I think any help will helpful :D

Saga Musix

Are you talking about IMF files from One Must Fall (dunno if the game has such files, but I assume so because of the file path)? Then you won't have luck with opening them in any version of OpenMPT, since those are not muzaks. :lol: OMF music is in PSM format, which OpenMPT supports since a long time already.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

if you want the muzaks from One Must Fall, here you go, MOD and S3M versions:
http://www.mirsoft.info/gmb/music_info.php?id_file=NjIx

The game was declared as freeware on February 10, 1999 by the developers, so no legal troubles here.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

eew. conversions. use OpenMPT >= 1.17.03.02, this is so much more precise than any conversions. or get the original MTM files, but NOT MOD or S3M.
Oh, and in case you were trying to play IMF music from old Apoggee Games (Duke Nukem 2, Commander Keen, ...), this won't work, because MPT didn't become an AdLib Tracker over night.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

It is indeed the music from Commander Keen. I guess that the adlib problem explains that. As for One Must Fall's music, I already have that. I have not used the mod format in a long time. I use either IT (for songs that are ≤ 239 patterns) or OpenMPT now (for any other length).