[Jazz] 70s Game Show (mp3)

Started by Harbinger, March 31, 2010, 20:36:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Quote from: "uncloned"I do think being positive (even if it seems difficult) will have better chance in improving the situation than being negative.
Well, hiding (or trying to hide) the fact that nobody of the current administration team seemed motivated enough to really bring the site back to life did not work that well over the last four years - don't you agree?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "uncloned"Jojo if you want to do more for the community than code I'm pretty sure there are things you can do.
Uncloned, seems as if you're trying your best to get some flames here. But about the quote, I think it would be good if coders wouldn't have to do everything -- there quite enough work in the code itself.

uncloned

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I think it would be good if coders wouldn't have to do everything -- there quite enough work in the code itself. And I'm sure that Jojo has done a lot more than just coding.

I agree. At issue here is definition of community.

People here I see regularly contributing are you, harbinger, phishock, sam zen, lpchip and jojo.

But just because the admins would be AWOL doesn't kill the community. We are all the community.

Do I think things could be better with the site, of course. But I don't think MrX is the single cause for the decline of MPC.

And I'd like to point out that not only was my hosting the modplug downloads at best tepidly received it was the subject of a number of complaints.

Not to step on anyone's toes so I'll speak of this one experience. What incentive would I have to do more?

You guys coding may feel the same. (Do I sound like I come form Chicago or what??? )

That isn't MrX's fault  - and that is also a point.

The malaise here goes far beyond the admins.

Harbinger

psishock

there there, lemme give you a hug, you'll feel better :D
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

apple-joe

Harbinger, where should I look in order to find out more about your music?

Harbinger

Well, thanks for the interest!

I was going to suggest you look in my member profile to get a list of what we've done, but apparently all of those old links are DOA. Now that the uploaded material has been moved over to uncloned's excellent site SoOn, i will have to go back and redo the links. But for now i'm on limited time since i have to come to the library to get any internet work done...

If your talking about a website, i have none and will never have one (Yjana may do one for hers later though -- she's been talking about it). Yes,yes, "dude, you need to get with the times, EVERYONE's got a website," i know, i've heard it all before. But we here at Aeon don't do the conventional thing. If you want a history of our little vband, search these forums for "Aeon," i made a post a couple of years ago about us. Other than that, PM with other, perhaps more detailed questions. But Aeon has always been barely a band, more like a figment of my imagination that has been around in one form or another since 1987 (i still have the old mock-ups of our first logo!), with members coming and going, passing thru in their lives. We're strictly studio, and the only thing constant about it is me -- and my drummer i guess, since she's been with me since '92. :)

psishock

O right, and about the piece:

Some of the sounds sound "plain" raw sample like, others seems to be more "vibrant" VSTI like. The most important that everything fits together, and you archived that. I like the dynamical funky lead and the occasional pitch slides. Some crazy variations here and there (in a good way). Nothing to say about the percussion work, its truly perfect as always. I didnt liked the ending :D, i would listen to it for about 4-5 minutes at least. It feels as you just cut everything in half, some more prolonged and proper deduction would be more appropriate imho.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Harbinger

Yeah, but we're lucky to have finished it at all. This one was started, then shelved, then when we came back to it, it sounded inspired enough to finish it, even tho it was only an "educational" piece. Between the two of us (me and Yjana), we have a hard disk full of incomplete songs. I'm trying to push to get some of these done, if anything just to give each original idea its place in the universe...