[Breakbeat]The Neptonion (.mp3)

Started by Zaphoid, April 20, 2010, 21:18:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphoid

This track was entirely made with buzz native gear.  You can find the source at buzzmusic http://www.buzzmusic.org.ua/music/download/11447

The Neptonion is Breakbeat but it is more a kin to Trance than just straight breakz.  I kept it simple even using simple buzz gens for it.  I designed all the modulated effects and timbres carefully this time because my aim was to work from total scratch using no presets.  Only one sample was used and that was the kick drum. This is the same as a tracker musician using only  a few samples without vsti.   Every now and again it is good to challenge yourself and work within some limitations to sharpen your skills.  

A low grade mp3 can be found at the same site.  

http://www.buzzmusic.org.ua/music/download/11450

Sam_Zen

Enjoyed. A joyful piece wih good choice of instruments.

Zaphoid

psishock

Nice to hear your improving timbre skills, now you see that it IS fun to play with the sounds. ^_^ There are truly a looot more to explore, dont be afraid to jump in more, rather than just scratching the surface.

I can hear that you've worked on the instruments most, together with the percussion, and havent payed too much attention on the structure/melody progression.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Inavon

Very nice song! It sounds professional to me. Very structured and the notes harmonize very well. What vsti's did you use?
I have no sig—wait, what this?

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

While i love electronic and Trance music, i probably should let ToB do the critique here. But here's my impression of the track...

Excellent sound! This may be low-grade as far as bitrate goes, but the sound is still good. Very rich filtering, but most importantly, plenty of melodic movement and chord progression. Nothing catchy, however, like the repeating motifs in "Colossus" and "Don't Look Back".
I like a nice steady beat to keep my mind moving and not get carried away with distracting changes in rhythmic structure. This one has a couple of those "psishock interruptions." :wink: But the beat never completely disappears, as it continues to be upheld in the synth arps/gates.

Overall, it's well done technically (not quite to the level of psishock, but not too far from it), but it excels in interesting ideas and riffs. I see that ToB is green with envy!!

Another fine job by Zaphoid. Or Xaphoid. Whichever one he prefers to go by 8)...