Networking

Started by nobuyuki, March 29, 2010, 22:46:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

^^

Saga Musix

I still need more volunteers... ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

monsterovich

If I join, what should I do?

Saga Musix

It's a user study. The exact details are not known yet, but it usually consists of having to fulfill a set of tasks in the application, plus fulling out a questionnaire. It's really not a lot of work and will take less than an hour.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

monsterovich

I'm always online on #modarchive, you can contact me.

Saga Musix

leneer

Exhale

Hey guys I would love to test a feature like this, not november anymore, but am adding my voice regardless.

Saga Musix

The test design is not finalized yet, but hopefully I will get to do the experiment this week. If not this week, then next week at the latest I guess / hope.

Exhale

Quote from: Saga Musix on December 03, 2017, 23:52:30
The test design is not finalized yet, but hopefully I will get to do the experiment this week. If not this week, then next week at the latest I guess / hope.
cool I'll check in daily for a while.

Saga Musix

The experiment will happen in the next week. I will contact people individually to figure out when and how we're going to do it. If you want, you can already send me a personal message or not down here when you will be available.

Saga Musix

Small update: The thesis has been submitted (in January) and I finally got my M.Sc. degree in computer science! However, this doesn't mean that networking will be part of the official OpenMPT builds anytime soon. What I implemented was a prototype that covered most of the important editing actions, but it was nowhere complete, and many things were not necessarily implemented in a maintainable way due to time constraints. I learned a lot from the process and can do things better in the future, but it's still a lot of work. Another long-standing and big feature idea, Scripting, may actually be helpful here because it requires a lot of similar infrastructure in the code. This means that I will first try to implement scripting, and then maybe try to implement networking as a script.

diigitae

have you finish something on this network openmpt saga(i know that's a hard work )but i ask like it

Saga Musix

No, anything I said above is still current. There is no scripting support so no networking being worked on either.

diigitae

ok no prob me i collaborate with a friends by mail it work well too