Announcing CAP2010

Started by Louigi Verona, March 27, 2010, 11:51:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Louigi Verona

Hey guys!

I am announcing a project that might be of interest to ambient fellas like Chris and Sam.

It is called Collaborative Ambient Project.

All the info is on my site here.

AlisterFlint

Louigi Verona

As it says on the site, it starts June 1st and goes on throughout summer.

AlisterFlint

man i've read it couple times and missed it..
i guess it's not good idea to check msgs after a friday night party..

uncloned

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"As it says on the site, it starts June 1st and goes on throughout summer.

how nice of you to start it on my birthday -> you really must want me involved :-)

Sam and I will just use paul's extreme stretch to take 30 second recordings of city traffic stretched to 60 minutes. Ought to be profound .  (j/k)

seriously - it is something I find interesting.

thanks for the invite LV.

Sam_Zen

Well.. I wasn't aware of the fact that I'm an 'ambient fella' ..
Nevertheless, I'm in.

Even harsh noise can be microscoped into a pleasant environment.
Maybe I will stretch a 24 hour country traffic recording into 2 minutes of ambient.. :)

Louigi Verona

Sam, you certainly are ;) Ambient, as you know I understand it, is music with flattened out structure, which that does not have foreground and background but which are blended in together. A lot of your music is like that - ambient does not only mean some new age "calming" music. ;)

Anyway, I am glad you find it interesting, guys! Any questions or suggestions anyone has - write here. I will also keep you updated on the status of my preparations of CAP.

residentgrey

No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

lilmanjs16

just posted my latest album in the free downloads section. would anything like that work? if not I bet I can provide a link(s) to some ambient I've made that would work. I'm really interested in this :)

Louigi Verona

Yep, your stuff definitely works!

Actually, I do not know what doesn't work. Hardcore stuff won't, you know, but you can do lots of stuff even with a hardcore recording. Basically, anyone can take part in the project.

AlisterFlint

you mention on the CAP page, it'd start with a given chord. would you happen to have it ready?

lilmanjs16

Quote from: "AlisterFlint"you mention on the CAP page, it'd start with a given chord. would you happen to have it ready?
it doesn't start till the 1st of june though. I do wonder though what type of file we need to give. Wav, FlAC or mp3?

Louigi Verona

Alister: yeah, Dmaj (Bmin).

lilmanjs16: wav is better, but mp3 and ogg will also work.

uncloned

Hmmm

D maj does not equal B min

so... what are you thinking?

combined is D 6th or B min 7th

Louigi Verona

Yeah, I apologize for bad wording. I am also not very good with musical terms.

Dmaj - primary chord, as a lot of ambient music is harmonically static.

Someone might want to make things more moving, so he can basically try to use the whole Dmaj scale if he wants to and thus get a Bmin scale as well if one would want to add some minor colours. All of that could easily be transformed back into Dmaj.