1.17.02.54 Wrong pattern display when duplicating

Started by Harbinger, March 25, 2010, 19:22:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.54

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): Yes

Description of the bug: Revisiting old bug (i can't find my previous post on the matter...)
Duplicating a Pattern from the Order List AFTER a null pattern moves the cursor to the next pattern

How often does it happen?: Always.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Create 2 different patterns with different elements (so you can see the bug).
Put one or more null patterns before the 2 indexed ones.
Right-click on the 2nd indexed pattern to bring up ITS contextual menu.
Choose duplicate pattern.
The pattern is duplicated, placed at the beginning (so far so good), but the Order List cursor moves to the NEXT pattern, and the Pattern Editor verifies this. The correct behavior seems to be broken when the duplicate pattern is placed somewhere other than directly after the source pattern.

Saga Musix

Well yeah, I don't think that you've stated that you had invalid patterns before the current pattern. However, when duplicating patterns, they're now always inserted after the current pattern, no matter if there are invalid patterns or not (I find that more logical anyway).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.02.00. You may close this thread yourself then (edit first post and set the status in the topic title to S=C).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.