[OT] What's your favorite game system of all time?

Started by Squirrel Havoc, February 28, 2006, 18:23:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirrel Havoc

...and yes, the PC/Amiga/C64 counts if thats what you like.

Mine is the Panasonic 3DO. I have some really fond memories of that thing, and it was the first game system (I think) to have a virtual light show when you were listening to CDs. Killing Time was the ultimate game for it, it was a first person shooter that used actual full motion video mixed with game graphics for enemies and story telling (but unlike FMV games, it was really interactive, and used mostly game graphics with FMV charactors to shoot at). Other than Doom for the N64, it had the most creepy ambient music/sound effects, it really set a good atmosphere. And you gotta love a game that lets you mow down people with a tommy submachine gun  :D  :P

Although I still like the NES/Famicom, because even though it wasnt my first game system, it was the first time I really got into gaming.

PS. This is for you guys that were atleast 10 in the early 90's: am I alone in liking FMV games for the SegaCD? I swear, they were so cool...
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

cyperkid

though the AMIGA was made to do more then support games (of course), it's my favourite game-system. not because of the games (i have to admit that there was quite disgusting, almost un-playable crap on disks around), more because of the community thing and that there was movement, progress....

that it finally led to the death of AMIGA, well... :cry:
but apart from that: AMIGA.
commodore stole my childhood

LPChip

Quote from: "cyperkid"though the AMIGA was made to do more then support games (of course), it's my favourite game-system. not because of the games (i have to admit that there was quite disgusting, almost un-playable crap on disks around), more because of the community thing and that there was movement, progress....

that it finally led to the death of AMIGA, well... :cry:
but apart from that: AMIGA.

LOL, and it has: "Commodore stole my childhood" as signature. :lol:

I think this subject is rather tough.

for instance, I really like the C64 games, because they have all the aspects that are required for a game. They are simple to learn, but addictive enough to keep you busy untill the end of the game.

I've also had a Sega Megadrive. It also has great games. I really liked the sonic series, but ofcource there were other great games too.

Nowadays, the PC can keep me occupied enough. The biggest difference between PC games and the other types, is that PC is more aimed at skills and look, than actual gameplay. Sure, there are some very good games with great gameplay, but usually even those combine somekind of skill level. An exception to this are for sure adventure games (like monkey island).

To answer this question, I'll end up with the PC for one simple reason. There are a few pc games that occupied me for more than half a year, where one actually was a full year, that I played the game.

They are FPS games I play as a clan. Sure I still play single player games, and they do appeal alot to me, but multi player is slightly better because you can do it with the friends you know, and even if you're having a bad day, it will be fun because you play it with a friend.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "LPChip"There are a few pc games that occupied me for more than half a year, where one actually was a full year, that I played the game.

Animal Crossing on the gamecube was a game I seriously played every day for 9 months. Its one of those realtime sims where you have to play everyday, or your town will go to waste. I had to force myself to stop playing, or else i would keep playing it forever. Now THAT's a game!

They are FPS games I play as a clan. Sure I still play single player games, and they do appeal alot to me, but multi player is slightly better because you can do it with the friends you know, and even if you're having a bad day, it will be fun because you play it with a friend.

So THAT's why I hate playing online so much, you need friends :) I just play against strangers better than me, and play with people who suck.  Now if I had friends on the PSP or DS, I could have some fun online :)

If I had some friends period, I could have some fun online  :x  :?  :oops:  :cry:
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

residentgrey

No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.