voice maker or dj sound effect

Started by kit beats, March 20, 2010, 10:36:51

Previous topic - Next topic

kit beats

How do you make a sort of dj sound effect ?

I have the program sayit but thats not what im looking for.

Plus i have a cheap mic, so i think record a piece of wav and edit it or?
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Quote from: "Jojo"what is a DJ sound effect?

Yeah i mean like saying: Hello this is Dj samplekit or something and then in a low voice or with an effect on it.

With what program you can make/record/edit that?

You understand my english? :)

edit: Like in my new beat you hear it to ''kit''.
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=3831.0
I want to make that kinda dj stuff.

Saga Musix

The only thing I can hear in that file is a vocoder effect, which does not have anything with DJs at all. What I use for recording? A wave editor. There are gazillions out there, like Wavosaur, or Audacity. I cannot tell you what effects to put over your voice, or am I your producer? Use your own imagination and creativity and try some effects!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

Quote from: "Jojo"The only thing I can hear in that file is a vocoder effect, which does not have anything with DJs at all. What I use for recording? A wave editor. There are gazillions out there, like Wavosaur, or Audacity. I cannot tell you what effects to put over your voice, or am I your producer? Use your own imagination and creativity and try some effects!
ok, i have goldwave/audicity.
that vocoder effect has someone made for me.

So you mean record a piece of voice of mine and then try some vst effects on the piece.
Do you know what kind of effects? i dont have any clue what effects do or what to use for voice.

Thanks Jojo

Saga Musix

Be creative and experiment! Many effects make a voice sound interesting and cool. For example...
- flanger
- distortion
- vocoder
- delay
- equalizer

TheEagle

You could even use the windows speech engine to create speech samples...
>>click<<  :D

Harbinger

Your first visit should be to kvraudio.com. That is a toy store for VSTs and plugins of all kinds. And as has been said before -- EXPERIMENT! While you're searching for exactly what you need to have done with a sample, try them all out and see what you CAN do; i guarantee you, you'll be inspired...

After you get some of these VST FX and VSTi's, read ModPlug'sOffline Help Manual. There is a chapter devoted to installing and applying VSTs.

kit beats

Quote from: "TheEagle"You could even use the windows speech engine to create speech samples...
>>click<<  :D
What is THaT?! it already sounds kinda coooll 8)

@Harbinger, i know how to install a vst effect on a channel so thanks for that link, i need thishttp://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=results&st=q&s=6

(offtopic)
I have asked this question before but its beceause i have a problem with using vst effects, i mean what effect for kick, what for base, what for hihat etc...
I do it all on my ears so.
And can some set of vst effects be used for all my songs, a setup?

Best regards,

Saga Musix

"the" setup does not exist. every artist has his/her own setup. just have a look through the various vst topics here, you will find some gems that you will keep and other effects that are useless to you. music is about your own creativity, it's of no use if we give you a precompiled list!

TheEagle

Quote from: "Samplekit"
Quote from: "TheEagle"You could even use the windows speech engine to create speech samples...
>>click<<
What is THaT?! it already sounds kinda coooll
As I wrote, it's the windows-speech-engine. Any words you enter into the engine will be spoken, so I simply created samples of the words by recording them into a wave editor. And then I used them in OMPT in combination with TAL-Vocoder. Quite simple but it works.... :D

I already used this technique once before:
http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?msg=27857.0#msg27857