[album] Sketches of Pain (ogg)

Started by Sam_Zen, March 18, 2010, 06:25:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

QuoteSecurity holes are certainly meant for random online plugs
Maybe out of the context again, but I agree. If I encounter some webpage demanding to install some unknown plugin, I will leave.
QuoteThe inet is becoming very powerful and very important tool, base of source for us all
Afaik the EU has added the right of access to the Inet as part of the basic human rights.
QuoteIt's more "cleaner" to work that way, dont hafta cleanup, sort, etc after each downloads.
Sure. If you go out each night to eat in a restaurant, you don't have to wash the dishes.
Local archiving has its price, so I take that for granted.
No big deal though, if one has the right tools for cleaning, sort things out in a custom survey.
Quotethe whole concept has a meaning only when you have 24/7 inet connection with decent speed at global scale
I do have that connection too, that's not my problem. It's a matter of choice.

No matter how easy-going, cloud computing would mean loosing my independency, that's my horror.

uncloned

Sam,

what could work is to make 1 large ogg to stream the album in firefox.

and have you heard of mr mark dollin?

you might like this

http://m.thequietrevolution.net/mmd/free-mp3s/3-smargaid-maerd/

Sam_Zen

Making 1 large ogg could be an option. I will consider it.
I was already thinking about putting the album at archive.org, where MP3 versions are added, plus a zip.
Both options require extra uploading anyway.
A large one has the advantage of keeping the composed order intact.

Seeing the Mark Dollin site, I notice that the streaming .m3u has the same URL structure as mine had,
but obviously playlists only work with MP3, not with OGG (so far), no matter what browser.

Sam_Zen

Followed Clones' advice.
Attempt to get some comment about the audible, instead of about the ways to consume things :) :

Sketches of Pain - 28:11

Harbinger

Interesting title. Any way inspired by Tears for Fears (one of my favorite bands)? They did a song on their Kings of Spain album called "Sketches of Pain" -- very Spanish and melancholy.

Sam_Zen

Didn't know that song. The title idea came from the album "Sketches of Spain" by Miles Davis.
But that was not the inspiration.

This is an autobiographic piece, based on a period for 6 months in 2009 when I was in the hospital and recovery centres.
So the title has to be taken literally..

uncloned

Quote from: "psishock"Well, the main idea is to listen to music instantly within browsers, without downloading it, and without installing additional streamer plugins or offline player programs (that would have security holes or would take up the memory, may not be compatible with your device, os, etc). :D

But do you own a personal music player - and does that stream from the internet?

psishock

Quote from: "Sam"cloud computing would mean loosing my independency, that's my horror.

If we're talking about inet (what is cloud based on), we cannot talk about independence. When you connect to the inet, you already lost your independence and join to the global network where you can see every persons contribution, experience, products, etc (and they can see your ones). Cloud is a step forward from the old ways of inet, you dont hafta worry about a lot of stuff that you had to do before, and most of the stuffs could be done in way more efficient way. You restaurant example shows exactly what i've meant. Yes i would eat at restaurants every day if i could have a choice. I wouldnt have to lose (perhaps hours) to cook, prepare the food, mess with setting up the dishes for eating, then washing everything afterward. I could use that time to do much more worthwhile stuff, or anything else that would matter more than "eating" and preparing, cleaning up after. I think it's a good thing that we aim to live more efficient, and throw away the repetitive daily unessential stuff that we do.

Back to inet, i'm (was) ready to give up my personal independence, when i'm able to do everything in hugely more efficient way. It was never about "me", but about what can i give to all of us, how can i develop, archive the goals in my chosen fields.
One of my personal philosophy is, that a person does not have any value at all, only his/her deeds, actions have one. I wouldn't even know from you Sam, if you didn't choose to make and share your music, knowledge with the inet, "us". I will die anyway, no one will care (no one should), but perhaps my contributions, changes will live on. Nobody cares about one, when he does not do anything "worthwhile" anyway. It's just the way modern life has become, a life of a person doesnt have any value at all, there are really many-many people. Deeds are, that have actual meanings.

Quote from: "uncloned"But do you own a personal music player - and does that stream from the internet?
Sure uncloned, and im using it every day to stream stuffs of course :D. It's a "crossover" situation at the moment, because originally it served me mainly to play my offline stuffs, but i can imagine the day that i wouldnt have offline music (or very small amount, for random special cases), then it would be illogical to use offline players, but do these directly within browsers, with a single click. Perhaps, the future evolution would be some browser plugin versions, of these loved players. Usually i stream all the online video files with online players too, not using my offline ones for the task.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)