.mod note off

Started by ant1, March 17, 2010, 13:43:42

Previous topic - Next topic

ant1

When hitting the note off/note cut keys when tracking .mod, it would be nice if it would insert C00 (or whatever the standard way of stopping notes is in mod, I use C00 anyway) instead of just doing nothing. Saves the extra effort of moving to the effects column to type C00, and maybe makes it easier for people who are used to tracking s3m/xm/it. :)

LPChip

If you place a note off, and save the file, OpenMPT will actually save it as C00.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

It won't, because you can't enter note-offs in MOD files. But automatically converting it to C00 when trying to enter it sounds actually like a nice idea...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"It won't, because you can't enter note-offs in MOD files.
Is it with note cuts then?

I remember that I did a test years ago to make a song, and save it as .mod file to see what was possible and what was regarded.

I saw it automatically converting my note-off (or note-cut) commands to C00.

(probably done to convert .IT to .MOD files)

Unless of course you've taken out this functionality.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Quote from: "LPChip"I remember that I did a test years ago to make a song, and save it as .mod file to see what was possible and what was regarded.
Boy, years ago equals aeons ago with a workaholic developer involved in the project. :P Things change faster than you think, and relying on stuff that was valid 2 years ago is a bad idea. I think it was already impossbile to enter note cut/off/fade in MOD files with the 1.17.03.02 release. Anyway, those notes are automatically converted to a C00 effect when entering them now.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

ant1

Thanks, works a treat! :)

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this has been implemented as wished in in OpenMPT 1.18.02.00. You may close this thread yourself then (edit first post and set the status in the topic title to S=C).

ant1

Works just fine... case closed! Thanks! :)