1.18 Note Fade on Key Up seems to have no effect

Started by Harbinger, March 09, 2010, 16:21:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.00

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...) No (i don't think it was available)

Description of the bug: While testing, i could not get the "Note Fade on Key Up" option to work. Either the description is incomplete or it is not functional. Here's what i tried:

1. Entering notes while live-recording with the flag set and unset.
2. Changing Fade values while entering notes, in both live recording and step-recording.
3. Using Samples only as well as Instrument Mode.
4. Enabling/disabling the "Record Note-Off" flag while trying the above.

All note input was via computer keyboard (i did not try MIDI input only because i can't), and all done with an IT track.

In trying to understand what the actual function was, since i wasn't sure if the toggle was for inputting a Note Fade rather than a Note Off entry, or if the Fade amount was actually applied to the note SOUND (during note entry) when the key was released, i had to perform all these different tests. Perhaps a better explanation for using it is forthcoming.

How often does it happen?: Always

How to reproduce (step by step description): See above.

Saga Musix

It does nothing to your patterns, it merely fades out the note "preview" you get when pressing the note keys. The fadeout got broken in version 1.17.02.50 so that instruments with an infinite loop would never end, and relabs thought it would be a good idea to keep the new as well as the old behaviour when fixing this, so this option was introduced.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger