Row Display

Started by Really Weird Person, March 03, 2010, 02:16:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

Where do I change how the rows are displayed? I remember having to add +1 (or maybe it was + 1, but I believe that the space was excluded) to the end of something, but I do not remember what, but that is all. I am curious about something, but I need to change how the rows are displayed first.

Saga Musix

My crystal ball is broken, so I don't really know what you mean.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "Jojo"My crystal ball is broken, so I don't really know what you mean.

That's a funny one, Jojo. Just in case you indeed not know what I mean though, here is an explanation. With the older (version 1.16) code, I had made the row display start at 1 instead of 0. I am curious how to change this in the newer code. I am curious if the display on the bottom and in the Go To... dialog are static or dynamic. I believe that the display on the bottom was static before, but that may have changed (but it may not as well) and the Go To... dialog did not even exist before, so I have no idea what to expect there.

Saga Musix

QuoteJust in case you indeed not know what I mean
Dude. I would not write it if i didn't mean it.

QuoteWith the older (version 1.16) code, I had made the row display start at 1 instead of 0.
It's still in the same place as before, somewhere in draw_pat.cpp. And no, I won't search the exact position for you, because you can very well do that by yourself. I don't know by heart where stuff is done in the code.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "Jojo"And no, I won't search the exact position for you, because you can very well do that by yourself. I don't know by heart where stuff is done in the code.

That is fine. I would imagine that Modplug Tracker is probably done like any othor major project. You specialize in a certain area of the code (perhaps VSTi, simply VST, or simply instruments in general) and Relabsoluness specializes in a different area (perhaps the GUI or file  implementation). I had looked in one of the pattern files, but I believe that it was view_patt.cpp. I was close! :) Thanks for the help though! That is greatly appreciated!

Really Weird Person

I am confused. I looked through the file and see many things that look like they may be the correct area, but I would rather not change things at random, because I do not want to mess the program up, that would be bad. Perhaps someone can tell me where the number or location is (and just in case you were curious, it does not have to be you, Jojo, although if you wish to do so, that is fine too, although you said before that you are not in the mood to do that, so I doubt that you will do it anyway). And another thing, how to I compile the program to work on other computers? Is that what the Batch Build function is for? I have not used that yet, only Build and Debug. The debug version does not work without the code though.

Rakib

Just play around with the code, if something wrong happens, just update the code from the net.
^^

Really Weird Person

I guess that I could do that. That is not the preferred method, but whatever works (or at least maybe works) is good. I guess that is what you might consider taking the "quest" one [baby] step at a time.

wsprintf(s, "Row %d, Col %d", GetCurrentRow()+1, GetCurrentChannel()+1);

There's the bottom! Now for the side, hmmm, I have not found that one yet. Hmmm, I am having difficulty finding where the side display is. Unfortunately, that just happens to be the one that I was looking for in the beginning! As Strong Sad might say in this situation, Aw, this is getting frustrating! (Decide to take it in a bit of a different direction.) I would assume that since the bottom was changed in draw_pat.cpp that the side (meaning to the left of the first channel) is changed there as well (although I cannot seem to find that area). Perhaps Rakib remembers where that is (although maybe he doesn't either, and without Visual Studio installed, it would be extremely difficult to look at the code :lol:). I asked rewbs about it, but I have not received a reply from him yet.

[Sounds like Mario* (perhaps even the person that does the voice for Yahoo!®)] Yahoo! I found where the side is!

wsprintf(s, (CMainFrame::m_dwPatternSetup & PATTERN_HEXDISPLAY) ? "%02X" : "%d", row+1);

That controls the side!

* If you were thinking "What about Daisy?" (which you probably weren't, but maybe you were as well), in a situation like this, she would probably say "sweet" or "neato!" Perhaps she would say "Got it!," but I am not sure.

It appears that the Go To... dialog is static and changing the display was simple. Changing the functionality (such that row 2 is indeed row 2 and not row 3 is a bit more challenging. That has me stumped.

I tried to change the Go To... dialog's functionality again, but to no avail. Wow, who would have ever thought that a dialog was so complicated? Of course, it is probably complicated for me because I do not know nearly as much about C++ coding as many of the other people on this forum.