1.18.00.00 switching to pattern tab restarts song

Started by a-lin, February 26, 2010, 12:23:09

Previous topic - Next topic

a-lin

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.18.00.00

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
No

Description of the bug:
When for the first time after a song is loaded and the current tab is different from patterns tab, while playing the song and switching to the patterns tab the song starts again.

How often does it happen?:
every time

How to reproduce (step by step description):
See description
A-Lin

Saga Musix

Can't reproduce that. Are you using any shortcuts, and if yes, which? (please don't say something like "F5", but the exact shortcut this key is assigned to).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

a-lin

not using any shortcut, just clicking on the patterns tab while the song is playing (the problem occurs only once per song).

I should mention that I am running openMPT under wine-1.1.31 ubuntu 9.10 if that has any relation.

Anyway it is not a very annoying bug.
A-Lin

Saga Musix

I would indeed guess that it might be a problem with WINE or something. I cannot reproduce this, no matter how hard I try. Just to confirm that we're talking about the same thing, does this trigger the unwanted behaviour?
- open a track
- play song
- click on the pattern tab
- song restarts
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

a-lin

exactly, of course before you started the song you need to be on a tab different than pattern, general tab for instance, but I'm sure that is what you did.
A-Lin

Really Weird Person

Perhaps what is confusing a-lin is the fact that what actually happens is that when the song is begun from a tab other than the Patterns tab, the Patterns tab is static. For example, if the cursor is on row 1,024 and the song is played from the beginning, when the user switches to the Patterns tab, the cursor is still on row 1,024 for a brief period of time and then it refreshes and follows the song as expected. Of course, I could be mistaken in my thinking as well and perhaps that's not what a-lin is experiencing at all.

a-lin

I've tried letting the song run for a few patterns (or I should say positions), when I switch to the pattern tab it restarts for the start (sorry for the pleonasm). Anyway, it happens only once per loaded song, it's not a big deal.
A-Lin

Really Weird Person

Does the playback time (which is located in the lower right-hand corner) restart as well, or is the problem simply that the song restarts from the beginning again? I am not sure that I can recall having such a problem, though I have not been watching for it either. Perhaps you are timing the the transition such that you switch tabs as the song is repeating, though that's doubtful. Perhaps you have a position jump (Bxx) (in this case, set to B00) in the song and the transition is happening right when that is triggered (though again, that is doubtful).

a-lin

the playback time is not reset to 0, but the song does restart.
A-Lin

Really Weird Person

Hmmm, that is odd indeed!

Saga Musix

I was able to reproduce it with the "official" 1.18 release using WINE. It seems that it is related to this bug report, since it does not happen anymore in the latest test build.

a-lin

I'm sorry if my report was not on the last version, how can I get it? (I cannot compile the last CVS revision under ubuntu, I tried to install visual studio under wine but got too many troubles and gave up).
A-Lin

Saga Musix

Well, officially, you can get it by compiling it yourself, but I also put testing versions only (which are really only intended for testing, I cannot guarantee them to be 100% bugfree), always available under
http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe

Saga Musix

Please confirm that this is fixed in OpenMPT 1.18.02.00. You may close this thread yourself then (edit first post and set the status in the topic title to S=C).

a-lin

I can confirm that the bug has been fixed with the release of 1.18.02.00, thanks!
A-Lin