OpenMPT needs installer

Started by jmichae3, February 25, 2010, 03:36:25

Previous topic - Next topic

jmichae3

I don't know why this hasn't been done, but an installer is lacking.
my personal favorite is NSIS.
email me at jmichae3 at yahoo dot com with the subject OpenMPT Installer and I will see about supplying installer source code.

I should have one written by the end of today.
----------------------------
Jim Michaels

Saga Musix

Either you're just oblivious or you don't know that asking for the same thing over and over again is just not polite. We have even responded to your previous topic! OpenMPT development is not like that there's a new release every week, you know. The installer is almost ready for the public, but there's no new stable version of OpenMPT yet. Please be patient - Or is it impossible for you to use OpenMPT until we provide an installer? :P If you really need that installer, grab it from the SVN and compile it yourself. The "official" installer will come, but that has to wait until there's a new version of OpenMPT to release.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Quote from: "Jojo"If you really need that installer, grab it from the SVN and compile it yourself.

Yeah, that is probably your best bet for the time being, jmichae3. That is what I did with the patterns and rows. Yeah, 131,071 was a joke. It did not trim the sequence, but after somewhere in the 65,400s (I believe that is where it happened.) (which makes me suspect that 65,535 has the same problem and I did not even know it, reverting to 65,000), a breakpoint was triggered. As for rows, they have that 32,768 bug as well. 65,536 of those does not work either. 65,472 seems to, to, but 1,023 is as weird as 127 (and possibly just as prime). And the verdict is... (drum rolls)... 1,023 is... composite? Hmmm, for some reason I thought that it was prime.

Sam_Zen

Yeah, I want 1024 different installers, or is 1025 a weird prime ?
And I think 327,154 is a much better joke. Yeah. But the all time classic is of course fibonacci number 310 :

Waxhead

You can simply make your own installer. Use Innosetup. I use it for my own projects and it's quite easy and comfortable to work with!

Saga Musix

Well, there is simply no need for that, as (and I have said it numerous times now) there is already a working InnoSetup script that everyone can get from the SVN!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Waxhead

Quote from: "Jojo"Well, there is simply no need for that, as (and I have said it numerous times now) there is already a working InnoSetup script that everyone can get from the SVN!

I guess I was not paying attention ;)

Saga Musix

Hey look, here's your installer! Happy now? :) If yes, you may close this thread yourself then (edit first post and set the status in the topic title to S=C). :D
Installer is available here...